how much detail to put down in medxpress?

bobbylee123

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
bobbylee123
For reason of visit, how much detail do I need to put down?

For example, if I go to the doctor because my knee hurts, can I just write "not feeling well" for the reason of visit?

For reason of visit, how much detail do I need to put down?

For example, if I go to the doctor because my knee hurts, can I just write "not feeling well" for the reason of visit?
I would recommend writing down what the diagnosis was, that’s what the AME is going to want to know.

I would recommend writing down what the diagnosis was, that’s what the AME is going to want to know.
what if there is no diagnosis?

They took x-rays and also tested me for arthiritis, no issues.

If you go to the doctor for knee pain, why wouldn't you put "knee pain" as the reason for the visit?
because I've been warned to not provide any more information than the absolute bare minimum.

because I've been warned to not provide any more information than the absolute bare minimum.
Then go with your "not feeling well" answer. Then you'll be agitated at the Dr when he asks for more details, just like was suggest to you above. Be sure to come back here to ask everyone why the Dr was so "mean" to you. Why bother asking here when you don't want to hear the answers? :mad2::mad2:

How about just telling the truth? Making life tough on yourself isn't wise ...

Why bother asking here when you don't want to hear the answers? :mad2::mad2:

God, I hate when people say this. I'm here to gather information from different sources and form an opinion. What I do with that information has nothing to do with you. It is none of your business if I decide to follow your advice or not. He asked me why I was considering not just writing down knee pain and I was explaining what I had heard from others.

I'm not lying. I would argue providing too much information that is not necessary is making my life tough for myself.
How is telling the doc the real reason you came to see him "too much information?" When the doc suspects you are trying to avoid giving him the information he needs in order to diagnose you properly then he may suspect you have something to hide and he may help you in making life tough for yourself.

How is telling the doc the real reason you came to see him "too much information?" When the doc suspects you are trying to avoid giving him the information he needs in order to diagnose you properly then he may suspect you have something to hide and he may help you in making life tough for yourself.

okay

If there's no diagnosis, then "knee pain" is the most correct answer. If you put down that you went to an orthopedist because you didn't feel well, the AME is going to look at you funny.

I'll assume that since you're asking this, you're going for your first medical exam. The AME is going to ask you clarifying questions and enter his notes into your application file. So writing "not feeling well" just means more questions to get the information he needs.

The best advice in your situation is to fill out the form and then take it to the AME for a consult before you schedule the actual exam.

If there's no diagnosis, then "knee pain" is the most correct answer. If you put down that you went to an orthopedist because you didn't feel well, the AME is going to look at you funny.

I'll assume that since you're asking this, you're going for your first medical exam. The AME is going to ask you clarifying questions and enter his notes into your application file. So writing "not feeling well" just means more questions to get the information he needs.

The best advice in your situation is to fill out the form and then take it to the AME for a consult before you schedule the actual exam.

Thanks, I didn't go to an orthopedist, just went to a normal doctor. But okay, I will just write knee pain. Do you recommend also writing the results of the visit in the "reason" box? Like do I write x-ray and all tests came back normal?

Thanks, I didn't go to an orthopedist, just went to a normal doctor. But okay, I will just write knee pain. Do you recommend also writing the results of the visit in the "reason" box? Like do I write x-ray and all tests came back normal?
No, unless you visited a different professional for those tests.

I'm not lying. I would argue providing too much information that is not necessary is making my life tough for myself.
"Not feeling well" when the real reason was knee pain comes across as evasive, in my non-expert opinion.

"Not feeling well" when the real reason was knee pain comes across as evasive, in my non-expert opinion.

Yep ... that's what I was getting at in post # 10. To me, I think the doc would make things more difficult when they started looking for why a person appeared to be trying to cover up something.

Bobby Lee: The AMe must demonstrate a working knowledge of the medical history. If you do what you propose you will be in there a very very long time and likely, when the AME finds out what might be hiding, you'll either get dismissed or you'll get deferred.

What you propose to do is what happens if you get a 71% on your pilot written. The DPE has to work you really really hard to make sure and demonstate that your missed items are really understood by you.

Make our life and therefore your life easy, and be forthcoming.
If you are that distrustful, find an AME who does consults. But you'll have to pay for his time and that's NOT a flight phyiscal.

Last edited:
Back