• More than 3

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Reading some of the responses on the "How many seatsw for a first airplane" poll got me thinking at how many planes people have owned over the years and what were some of the stories about those planes. I have only one plane and it is not yet a year in my possesion, the stories in it are still being made.

Last edited:
Using "plane" to mean aircraft, two. The Archer II and then the R22. We are close to finalizing a partnerthip to buy an R44, so it will hopefully soon be 3...

RotaryWingBob said:
Using "plane" to mean aircraft, two. The Archer II and then the R22. We are close to finalizing a partnerthip to buy an R44, so it will hopefully soon be 3...

Sorry Bob, I tend to be a fixed wing focused person. But aircraft was the correct interpretation.

Well Scott i own the Warrior, and 4 R/C planes and 1 R/C helo, does that count .
Dave G.

Shipoke said:
Well Scott i own the Warrior, and 4 R/C planes and 1 R/C helo, does that count .
Dave G.
I voted two - both 4 place, but if you want to include the R/C versions I'll have to go recount.

Three. The A-36 I purchased five years ago. Since then, was a partner in an A-55 Baron since sold. Last June I purchased a B-58 Baron with a partner which we still own.

Dave

Three. One glider, Grob Astir CS brand new, with two partners. One glider, Standard Cirrus used, as sole owner. One Mooney M20J used with one partner.

As I stated in the poll about the the first airplane. My first was a 1975 Cessna 182 and the one I own now is a 1976 Cessna Cardinal RG.

I love my Cardinal. :)

Jeannie

You don't have an option for more than 0 but less than one, so I voted 1.

1/7th is no where near one tho.

SkyHog said:
You don't have an option for more than 0 but less than one, so I voted 1.

1/7th is no where near one tho.

I'm with ya Nick... Where's the option for 1/30th of three? :dunno:

They're all 4-place anyway. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
3, for me. The first was a 1971 C-172L Skyhawk, the 2nd was a 1975 C-150M; and the 3rd purchase is a 1971 C-172L Skyhawk. The first and third are the same aircraft, so is the above a convoluted answer?

HR

Uh.. 1/105th of 7 airplanes.

7/75 ths when I joined the Cloud 7 flying club soon after getting a PPL. Then 1/8 th of a Starduster Too, followed by 1/1 Bonanza and finally 1/1 Baron. Now its 2/1 (Baron and Porterfield).

Well, I guess you could put us down for 1/400th (guesstimate) of 18, including 1 helicopter (R22), 1 motor glider, and 1 twin (Cessna 310), but I really consider it to be zero (0).

flyingcheesehead said:
I'm with ya Nick... Where's the option for 1/30th of three? :dunno:

They're all 4-place anyway. :rolleyes:

I'm even worse, 1/45th of three :rolleyes:

Everskyward said:
I'm the ultimate bad, zero of zero. :dunno:

Yeah, but you get to fly other people's planes and get paid for it. :)

I've had two. The first was a Cherokee 140, had it for a couple of years then "needed" more performance, so bought the Tiger which I still own.

Anthony said:
Yeah, but you get to fly other people's planes and get paid for it. :)
The best part is that I don't have to write the check for maintenance and other expenses. All I have to know how to do is fill out the maintenance discrepancy form. :)

None. But I dream big!

Everskyward said:
The best part is that I don't have to write the check for maintenance and other expenses. All I have to know how to do is fill out the maintenance discrepancy form. :)

Yeah, tell me about it. :(

None yet - but thinking of getting something along the lines of C-150, specially considering where the gas prices are going.
________
VOYEUR PRIVATE

Last edited:
igor said:
None yet - but thinking of getting something along the lines of C-150, specially considering where the gas prices are going.

I am sure the 150 burns less than my plane. But my Cherokee with an O320 in it burns just about 8gph. That is not too bad for 120kts of airspeed and 800lbs of payload. Make sure you add that up into your decision.

smigaldi said:
I am sure the 150 burns less than my plane. But my Cherokee with an O320 in it burns just about 8gph. That is not too bad for 120kts of airspeed and 800lbs of payload. Make sure you add that up into your decision.
True - but there is also the actual cost of purchasing the plane and 150s are quite affordable compared to some other options. And if you are mostly flying local it works out well - On the other hand, 120kts at 8gph sounds much better for longer trips. Thanks.
________
Blowjob nurse

Last edited:
3 & 1/10

My current fav is the one I get paid to fly & I don't own. It come with an KFC150 co-pilot that flys while I nap :)

Lance, how did you like the cirrus? im a "Sunship Game" junkie and love watching George Moffat and Gleb Jerjinski (sp) fight it out in the 69 nationals in their Open Cirri. Burt Compton still flies his dads old Open Cirrus occasionally down in Marfa. No one flying cool stuff like that up here though :( From what ive heard they have a wonderful big cockpit but could use some more ballast.

Early C172, Continental 145.
Cessna 205
Mooney M20F Turbo rajay
Mooney M20J Turbo Bullet
Seneca II and Cessna 140
Frac owner through a club- PA28, C172, C152, C172RG

Back