How Many Pilots of America

dnhill

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
hill
does it take to change a light bulb ?

• 1 to change the light bulb then post about it
• 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could've been changed differently
• 7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
• 5 to flame the spell checkers
• 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
• 6 to argue whether it's a light bulb or lightbulb
• 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is Lamp
• 15 know it all who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb is perfectly correct
• 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the light bulb forum
• 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
• 36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
• 5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult an A&P.
• 7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
• 4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
• 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
• 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, "X 2"
• 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
• 4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
• 13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
• 5 to say this has been posted before.

Changing a light bulb is one of the things I'm allowed to do as an owner.

The question I have is why there's so much paperwork and expense involved in swapping out the glowing wire with an LED version?

Changing a light bulb is one of the things I'm allowed to do as an owner.

The question I have is why there's so much paperwork and expense involved in swapping out the glowing wire with an LED version?

Do a Google search. This topic has come up before.

does it take to change a light bulb ?

• 1 to change the light bulb then post about it
• 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could've been changed differently
• 7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
• 5 to flame the spell checkers
• 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
• 6 to argue whether it's a light bulb or lightbulb
• 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is Lamp
• 15 know it all who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb is perfectly correct
• 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the light bulb forum
• 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
• 36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
• 5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult an A&P.
• 7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
• 4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
• 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
• 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, "X 2"
• 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
• 4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
• 13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
• 5 to say this has been posted before.
You have a lot of free time! :D

only one lightbulb in a cockpit, but the A&P has to change and log it.

I laughed heartily.

Anyone who doesn't use a CFL bulb is asking to have to their house go up in flames.

14 to post that the bulb burned out because of Obama.

at least one to say you can't change a light bulb without a metal landing calculator.

at least one to say you can't change a light bulb without a metal landing calculator.

Hey if I want to use a lightbulb calculator to help me visualize shin way to turn the bulb, that is my right! And it makes me a safer lightbulb changer too!

Wow, straight to Landing Calculator by post #11!

5 that post a CC opinion on how the lightbulb should have been changed earlier.

I change lightbulbs solo. Since the world revolves around me I simply hod the bulb up and it screws itself in.

things don't get real until at least 2 POAers accuse someone of manslaughter. that's when you got a thread going good... :D

You sure you didn't mean to post this on the Red Board? ;)

Thirty to tell the homeowner to contact their local city permit office and get a legal opinion as to whether they may change it or that they need a licensed electrician to change it.

What, nothing about the obvious benefits of low wing light bulbs vs. high wing light bulbs? Or the superiority of V-Tail light bulbs over straight tail light bulbs?

It's time for my nap anyway

One post to point out that there is nothing in the regs that says you even have to have a lightbulb.

Do we even know what makes a light bulb turn?

25 posts and nobody has mention whether the W&B should be updated?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I am helping someone change the bulb, can I log that time as CIC if the person changing it is under the sunglasses?

And can I ferry the bulb from the store to my house without a commercial change certificate.

A few to say light bulbs are better installed while standing on your head or on a treadmill.

And finally, one to post 4 legal precedents showing that changing a light bulb is not a preventative maintenance task that homeowners are authorized to perform.

How am I supposed to see when I do it with my eyes closed?

One to roll their eyes at the entire thread :rolleyes2:

One to tell of how in his vast marine and aviation experience he's changed every type of lightbulb known to man, and the best way to do it is down low

One who probably paints all his lightbulbs green

One who will cite the administrator's opinion of all things lightbulb

One who uses lightbulbs to make Chicago style pizza

One who says the best way to extend the life of lightbulbs is to zoom climb to pattern

I'm sure we can think of others...

Last edited:
One to roll their eyes at the entire thread :rolleyes2:

One to tell of how in his vast marine and aviation experience he's changed every type of lightbulb known to man, and the best way to do it is down low

One who probably paints all his lightbulbs green

One who will cite the administrator's opinion of all things lightbulb

One who uses lightbulbs to make Chicago style

One who says the best way to extent the life of lightbulbs is to zoom climb to pattern

One who says he's changed all types of light bulbs in another country, but because of all the hassle in the US decides to just relearn how to change bulbs here................

One to fly his lightbulb to a remote airport on taco night

One to post a snippy comment and boast how lightbulbs aren't needed in freeflight

One to post a flowchart/algorithm on when you can log changing of lightbulbs

One who left his lightbulb at the sliced meat deli counter and flew off to Alaska

Back