How long to get IFR?

No, it's learning to juggle 5 balls with two hands. Most of the tasks that you do are simple, and do not take too long to learn individually. It's just learning what you need to do next, and learning to do a lot of things at the same time.

Exactly what he said!

Thanks for the analogy of juggling. I'm stealing that one.

It's holding your heading, holding your altitude, programming/setting your avionics/referencing your approach plate/thinking about the big picture/thinking about the small picture

Then doing that all over again.

While giving no more than 1 or 2 seconds to each task. Focus on one thing more than 2 seconds, and it all breaks down.

(that's not figurative, that's literal... 2 seconds.....)

No, it's learning to juggle 5 balls with two hands. Most of the tasks that you do are simple, and do not take too long to learn individually. It's just learning what you need to do next, and learning to do a lot of things at the same time.

For what it's worth, here is a link to a prior post I made that outlines what the IFR training is about: https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/ifr-training-overview.76676/#post-1608843

Digging into your link and got to say this is exactly what I needed! This should be a sticky for anyone starting ifr

Back