How long is a IFR Written Endorsement Good for?

LmannyR

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Luis R
Took and passed my IFR written in 2016. Never took inflight lessons. I'm ready to take the IFR written again now without any further endorsements?

I used King online in 2016. Used the same coarse (updated of coarse) again recently. The printout of the king certificate says 2016 still. Will that work?

Thanks

Took and passed my IFR written in 2016. Never took inflight lessons. I'm ready to take the IFR written again now without any further endorsements?

I used King online in 2016. Used the same coarse (updated of coarse) again recently. The printout of the king certificate says 2016 still. Will that work?

Thanks

You can use an expired passing test report as authorization to take the written test again.

You can use an expired passing test report as authorization to take the written test again.

Are tests results reported to faa? How can I find the old passing results?

Called KingSchools this morning and they said, I can use the 2016 ground school they provided still. No issues.

There is no expiration for a written test endorsement in 14 CFR 61.35.

61.35 Knowledge test: Prerequisites and passing grades.

(a) An applicant for a knowledge test must have:

(1) Received an endorsement, if required by this part, from an authorized instructor certifying that the applicant accomplished the appropriate ground-training or a home-study course required by this part for the certificate or rating sought and is prepared for the knowledge test;

There is no expiration for a written test endorsement in 14 CFR 61.35.

61.35 Knowledge test: Prerequisites and passing grades.

(a) An applicant for a knowledge test must have:

(1) Received an endorsement, if required by this part, from an authorized instructor certifying that the applicant accomplished the appropriate ground-training or a home-study course required by this part for the certificate or rating sought and is prepared for the knowledge test;

Yes, I read that section. Since it didn't specify "expiration" it was ambiguous to me.

Back