how long does it take to do a 100hr inspection and annual inspection

When we do the annual on our pawnee it takes a long time. Usually well into the afternoon. This year we got started late and it got dark before I could test fly it, so it ran into the next day.

My 177RG generally consumes about 100 man hours per annual. But, I always do some re-work or improvements. The actual inspection is about 4 days of my labor. Gear swings take a day.

... Gear swings take a day.

I don't know about "a day" but they are kind of a PITA on Cardinal RG's because when I set my jacks up with all the extensions needed to get the thing high enough for that wasp leg gear to clear they won't fit under the wing. So I have to either jack it up by the gear or pull it onto some 2x6's (which just barely does it)

Dropped mine off last Tuesday. Finished today. Had problems getting parts. Spruce no longer stocks bungees or gear springs. When i ordered the air filter it said in stock then I got a BO notice. I ordered to springs and bungees from Webco and the air and vacuum filter but they did not ship the filters. Customer service and follow up sucks in this business. Anyway. Even with all that it took essentially parts of 6 business days. Fastest annual ever.

My 177RG generally consumes about 100 man hours per annual. But, I always do some re-work or improvements. The actual inspection is about 4 days of my labor. Gear swings take a day.

Do you believe that repairs and up grades are part of the annual?

What did you get charged for the inspection?

You need to read the line that says "The checklist MUST include the SCOPE and DETAIL of the ITEMS contained in appendix D to this part and paragraph (b) of this section"

You've once again managed to twist this thread away from your obvious fabrications.

What that does is outline the minimum requirement.
Most A&P/IAs actually add to that requirement, as the situation warrents.

What that does is outline the minimum requirement.
Most A&P/IAs actually add to that requirement, as the situation warrents.
And you can delete as required.

Is there a key word in the title of the FAR?

Appendix D to Part 43—Scope and Detail of Items (as Applicable to the Particular Aircraft) To Be Included in Annual and 100-Hour Inspections

When we do the annual on our pawnee it takes a long time. Usually well into the afternoon. This year we got started late and it got dark before I could test fly it, so it ran into the next day.
Yeah. Well, there is just about NOTHING on a Pawnee to fix. Fuel lines, brake lines, engine....a few cables and rod ends....wheel bearings...what have I missed?

Maybe the center fuel tank. Oh wait, if that leaks, you're going to have blue trousers.....:yes:

Yeah. Well, there is just about NOTHING on a Pawnee to fix. Fuel lines, brake lines, engine....a few cables and rod ends....wheel bearings...what have I missed?

Maybe the center fuel tank. Oh wait, if that leaks, you're going to have blue trousers.....:yes:
it's even easier than that. the whole thing is one big access panel, when we put it away in the fall we have it open to wash the chemicals off of everything, and I leave it opened up like that all winter in the barn under a tarp. Come next June, oil a few things and button it back up.

it's even easier than that. the whole thing is one big access panel, when we put it away in the fall we have it open to wash the chemicals off of everything, and I leave it opened up like that all winter in the barn under a tarp. Come next June, oil a few things and button it back up.

My fear of mice causes me to never leave anything opened up on the airplane. I'm sure they could find a way in somehow...but I try and make it as difficult as possible.

My fear of mice causes me to never leave anything opened up on the airplane. I'm sure they could find a way in somehow...but I try and make it as difficult as possible.
they can get in either way, I want it as easy as possible to check for them. But with bounce fabric softener sheets stuffed into every nook and cranny they pretty much stay out.

I don't know about "a day" but they are kind of a PITA on Cardinal RG's because when I set my jacks up with all the extensions needed to get the thing high enough for that wasp leg gear to clear they won't fit under the wing. So I have to either jack it up by the gear or pull it onto some 2x6's (which just barely does it)

You need better jacks, the ones we had would jack up any of the high wing Cessnas. I don't recall a gear swing inspection ever taking more than an hour, typically less. The only thing I hated was climbing into the plane one it's 3'+ off the ground on its jack points.

Back