How is your year shaping up?

My flying hours goal for the half year point is

• Total voters

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Just got done updating the June totals for my log book. I also added up the half year hours. The year started very slow for me with the family issue that I had to deal with but it picked up after that. Totals for the half year point are:

Total time SEL=55.8 hours
Instrument time (actual) = 10.7 hours
Instrument time (sim) = .5 hours

i dont really have a target, but im feeling good for how much flying ive been doing

No specific target, but I've been getting out a lot given all of life's competing priorities. Also using the instrument rating quite a bit during those hours, feels good to be able to put it into practice after the winter hibernation.

June was my best month...27 hours.

55 hours so far this year, including about 4 hours actual. And, of course, Leslie and I share flying duties, so she has a lot too! And these are not training hours, unlike in past years.

We need to buy a plane!

I'm sitting somewhere around 25-30 hours YTD. My hope was to hit 100 hours this year. Since I'll be starting my IFR rating soon the hours are bound to pick up.
Voted behind target.

Nothing close to as much flying as I'd prefer, with this gruntalicious weather we have been having!

I was hoping to somehow get 400 hours this year. I've never had 400 in one year. Fat chance. I finished the first half of the year with 152 hours.

just looked it up. 161 power and 14 glider. sounds about right. I seem to average 300 a year. not shabby considering i got this whole get a college education thing getting in the way.

Interesting this question comes up. I was looking at the logbook this weekend and since I tool delivery of the Baron and started to fly her in early March I have put about 85 hours in... A little ahead of schedule..

John

My flying goals don't involve hours so much as certain activities like Young Eagles, the grass strip tour, giving aerobatic rides or just giving rides in general, etc. The one goal I haven't met yet is going to a competition this year, and it looks like the only one I might make is in Kansas City in September.

I fly more based on where I work on any given day... I gotta start choosing the farther places!

Funny............ I started talking about getting my IR before I took my PP checkride. Both my CFI and A&P said "Ya, but you have to have 50 hours cross country first." They both acted like that was going to take awhile. HA.............. two months later..........done. And I was 3.5 weeks without an airplane.

WAAAAAAAAAAAY behind my goal. My goal was to have more hours this year than I did last year (so far, every year I've had more hours). I think I'm at around 12 or 13 hours this year. I'll need to get well over a hundred to tie last year now, and I only have 6 months left :(

No real target, but behind last year (which included a coast to coast trip)

61 hours
10 actual
1 simulated.

Last edited:
My main goal is to break 100 hrs for the year, something I've never been able to do in 23 years of flying. My best year ever was 68.8. Next best 45.3. This year I'm already at 43.4 and I expect to fly a lot more in the second half of the year than I did in the first half so I shouldn't have any problem meeting the goal. In fact, if I keep flying as much as I have been for the last few months (14.3 hrs in June) I should be at around 130 for the year :fcross:.

A secondary goal is to break 500 hrs PIC. I'm at 486 right now, so that should be no problem either :)

I also plan to complete an IPC (7 years out of currency) before the year is out.

81 hrs, 5 actual, 7 simulated. No night flying, which I need to remedy. My target was 150 for the year, I should be able to better that. I'll be passing the magic 300hr total mark in a week. Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little behind my goal, but I took time off to travel. 148 hours this year. The second half will probably be better. I should be well over 700 hours TT by years end.
I hardly ever get any IMC time though, and x/c flights are few and far between.
As some of you know, I do traffic watch up here in Boston. We always fly with two pilots for various reasons, so I can only log half of the flight. I'm slightly bitter knowing that had I done all of those flights solo, I'd have closer to 900 hours TT already.
Question: is there any real point to loggging landings other than for currency purposes?

I picked "on target" because I don't really have a target other than to fly when I can. That seems to work out to something in the 150-180 hrs/yr range.

No real target but a couple fly ins were cancelled by wx. And I just had to abort a big trip to the NW due to mechanical problems.:mad: :mad: So I checked behind. A little over 50 hours so far. I am making good progress on the commercial.

38.9 hours in 6 different planes
6.3 actual
6.5 simulated
13 hours of dual.

Thanks to this thread, I actually looked through the book. 85.2 hours so far in '07, 4.5 actual (yes, I know, it's hard to come by around here), and 12,968 NM!

I thought it was a lot less....

-Felix

if he would only teach in the 152s he would have about 50% more hours :)

Yeah, and 50% more health problems from being cooped up in a 152! :eek:

I flew in a 152 for the first time ever last weekend. Probably the last time, too. Had a hard time keeping my legs out of the way of the controls. And, it was harder for me to get in the 152 than it is for me to get in a J-3. Yuck.

I flew in a 152 for the first time ever last weekend. Probably the last time, too. Had a hard time keeping my legs out of the way of the controls. And, it was harder for me to get in the 152 than it is for me to get in a J-3. Yuck.

I assume you were solo? or had a 50 lb CFI with you? Ive actually gotten pretty good at folding up in a 150. and i dont find them to be too cramped, i guess im just used to it. my favorite part is the AMAZING climb performance!

My totals are a big fat goose egg. ... zip, zilch, nada, nunca, nuthin' ...

Broke my foot last fall which hobbled me up for way too long, wife diagnosed and treated for brain tumor has focused my attention away from flying - enough that I didn't get in to see the doc to renew my medical last fall ... hopefully I can turn this trend around soon ...

400 hrs., 14.5 inst., 45 approaches and countless turns in holding. YTD. Target is set to maximize revenue, not always based on max flying time.

Waaaay, no,
abysmally,
wait, wait, horribly
ah, screw it, words won't even describe how far behind I am.
And this from a person who "owns" a plane. Therefore flying is free, except for gas, right???
:mad:

Busy. Can't take on any new students at the moment... a good problem to have, I guess. Fun trips with Kent this year, a 10.5-hr ferry, lots of local instruction, and now instructing for Able Flight for a few more weeks. (http://www.ableflight.org) Looks to be busy through summer as I have some new students coming in after Oshkosh and will start offering sport pilot instruction in the Ercoupe in addition to instructing in the 172. Going to get my multi :fcross: too. On track to be a record year for my logbook!

Back