How I spent my Sun n Fun vacation

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
There I was in my P-51, when another P-51 joined up. Then a bomber with some photographers jumping around inside. And then Glacier Girl sneaked up on us and joined the fun...

Oh, in the second pic that's me in the mirror. :yes:

Ken Ibold said:
There I was in my P-51, when another P-51 joined up. Then a bomber with some photographers jumping around inside. And then Glacier Girl sneaked up on us and joined the fun...

Ken, that is SO exciting!

How did it compare to the CJ?

Outstanding !

Ken Ibold said:

Diana said:
How did it compare to the CJ?
There is a HUGE discrepancy in power and speed, of course, but the overall feel -- the karma -- was surprisingly alike. (Note: My flight was a photo mission and ranged only from +3.5g to 0g.)

The Mustang has just a tad more panache, too, I think.

Ken,

How did you find the controls on the P-51? I had the opportunity to fly in one several years ago and it was a real highlight in my flying experience, but I was surprised at how heavy the controls felt. Your impression?

Chip

Looks like you had fun. The camera ship that B-25 with the open tail that was parked down the line?

I'll have to go download my pictures from yesterday and see if any of them are any good. Just got back home in Olympia a few hours ago. Sure was nice at Sun 'n Fun yesterday. A touch breezy, but a fantastic day to be there. Got to meet the winner of the Twin Commanche after Phil Boyer's Q&A session in the morning and talked with Eric Lindburgh in the afternoon. His plane was there and the last time I'd seen it was parked in front of the airport cafe at PWT. Eric told me that's where it is based now. We agreed that that cafe is the place to go for fish and chips.

Back