How does a pre-buy work for the seller?

I dont need to show a reference. Because...
Shame shame,,,, 91.417-421 you should know this stuff.
The rest of your post is just wrong, all maintenance is required, or we wouldn't do it.

Owner gives only the copy of the logs to the buyer.
Owner witnesses prepayment for inspection check or credit card to buyers mechanic.
If buyers mechanic wants to log something he just types it out on a piece of paper and gives it to owner. Owner can do what he wants with it.
Owner approves the proposed inspection beforehand.
Problem buyers and their mechanics walk away, happy ones buy the airplane.

Follow those rules and avoid problems.

...all maintenance is required, or we wouldn't do it.
B$. Lots of maintenance is optional. Some owners insist on overhauling perfectly running motors or choose to make alterations to their aircraft not required by any AD.

Owner gives only the copy of the logs to the buyer.
Owner witnesses prepayment for inspection check or credit card to buyers mechanic.
If buyers mechanic wants to log something he just types it out on a piece of paper and gives it to owner. Owner can do what he wants with it.
Owner approves the proposed inspection beforehand.
Problem buyers and their mechanics walk away, happy ones buy the airplane.

Follow those rules and avoid problems.
Why does that have to happen?
Last two pre-buys I completed the owner was not present. and never saw the reason the buyer backed away.

Why does that have to happen?
Last two pre-buys I completed the owner was not present. and never saw the reason the buyer backed away.
So that the owner isn't stuck paying for any prebuy inspection teardown and reinstallation.

It's called deferred, it will be completed some day. I guess the sarcasm was missed.
You and Donald Trump. Just full of sarcasm aren't you?

So that the owner isn't stuck paying for any prebuy inspection teardown and reinstallation.
Not from my customer, or me. The owner allowed us to have the hangar keys, we took a look at the aircraft, saw what we needed to see to to know the buyer did not want this aircraft, so we locked the hangar and left.
Many times you can simply walk around and see the aircraft does not show the sparkle and quality to warrant the price.

Back