How do you self-identify, meat edition

How do you self identify?

• Omnivore (eat meat and plants)

Votes: 87 93.5%
  • Herbivore (plants only, ever)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carnivore (meat only, ever)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Vegan (a person who does not eat or use animal products)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vegetarian (mat eat dairy, eggs and possibly some other animal products)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Something else that I don't know of (please post in comments)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other, Other

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
So, there have been so many vegetarian and meat discussions, its time for an anonymous poll.

@flhrci - When a Vegan wears clothes, have they not "used animal products?"

Are the interiors of their cars all hard plastic?

Dear Lord, don't get us started on plastics.

I eat meat (Beef, pork, chicken, lamb. Fish occasionally.) but I identify as vegan so that everyone knows I am better than them.
Multiple votes are allowed for cases such as yours.

I'm an ovo-lacto-carnitarian

@flhrci - When a Vegan wears clothes, have they not "used animal products?"

Are the interiors of their cars all hard plastic?

Dear Lord, don't get us started on plastics.

Silly boy. Plastics are made from oil which was made from dinosaurs which were either carnivores, omnivores, or herbivores. So we should all be ok with plastics.

Anything but Atkins/Keto, and I feel great, getting younger and better looking every day. So are all my friends and family members.

N=1, always!

Beyond plenty of meat, I usually only eat plant products that aren’t green.

Silly boy. Plastics are made from oil which was made from dinosaurs which were either carnivores, omnivores, or herbivores. So we should all be ok with plastics.

But regardless of what the dinosaur ate, it was still an animal, and plastics are therefore animal products.

Vegans need to stick to glass. That's made from sand and heat. Oh damn, where does the heat come from?

No winning.

I think that most oil is older than dinosaurs, but it still comes from plants and animals.

You left out "fruitarians", who only eat fruit that has or will naturally drop off plants. I've heard they offer suffer from malnutrition.

I’ve always eaten greens and other vegetation... but as for meat I only ate those that blink, leaving Seafood totally off the FS9er menu. I have, under the tutelage and urging of my other half, began the non-blinking part of my diet... BUT I STILL REFUSE TO EAT EXOSKELETAL/shelled organisms... That is all...

BUT I STILL REFUSE TO EAT EXOSKELETAL/shelled organisms... That is all...
Yeah, I eat fish, but I don’t do ‘seafood’.

Meats like chicken, beef, turkey, lamb are all acceptable on the menu, just no pork for me.

I'm just waiting for the Easter Bunny to come and go. I gave up Sushi for Lent. What was i thinking.

last year was red meat - went fine. Year before was caffeine - went pretty well.

This year, I want me some Sake and Toro, damn it!

Had a recent colonoscopy and it was recommended that things would go easier (pun) if I laid off the steaks/red meat for the week prior... I went two weeks prior with just eating fish, rice and veggies... I have to say, I slept a lot better at night.

Over thew weekend I went to a barb-ba-que with trip-tip and ribs.... hmmmmmm, but I paid for it that night... no it was not the glass of wine that did me in... As much as it pains me to say, at my age, I'm going to hold off on anything that comes from four legs or wings for a while...

I'm just waiting for the Easter Bunny to come and go. I gave up Sushi for Lent. What was i thinking.

last year was red meat - went fine. Year before was caffeine - went pretty well.

This year, I want me some Sake and Toro, damn it!
You gave up CAFFEINE? :hairraise:
I tried that for two days once. Never again!

Most anything. Or everything. About the only things I really don't care for are beef liver (pretty much every other part of the cow is OK) and mackeral. On the plant side, anything but passionfruit.

Nauga,
who travels on his stomach

I just took a look at the formation of the human jaw and teeth and saw, "Oh, look... we're omnivores"... so that's what I eat. Don't understand why folks want to go against nature. I also noted that we are not naturally equipped with freezers, microwaves, and sugar processing plants, so I generally stay away from processed foods.

You left out "fruitarians", who only eat fruit that has or will naturally drop off plants. I've heard they offer suffer from malnutrition.

You do know that the root word of "vegetarian," pardon the pun, is a word in Oganquin meaning "bad hunter."

I’ve always eaten greens and other vegetation... but as for meat I only ate those that blink, leaving Seafood totally off the FS9er menu. I have, under the tutelage and urging of my other half, began the non-blinking part of my diet... BUT I STILL REFUSE TO EAT EXOSKELETAL/shelled organisms... That is all...

I eat all meat, except fish eggs and other people. Consuming one's fellow species runs counter to survival of the species in the long term . . . . . Some meat has legs, some has fins, some has wings, some have neither.

But I do discrminate heavily against insects, there's too much "other" mixed in with their meat (sure, a lot of it is chitin, but a lot is also meat from other beings). Too much crunchy, not enough tasty.

I don't self identify by what I eat. It's been said you are what you eat. That's to scary for me.

Back