For Sale How do you search for an AC with AC?

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
My next airplane WILL have air conditioning. It may not have an AP, or glass anything, or an engine monitor, and it might not look pretty, but it WILL have air conditioning. (Can you tell it is July; I'm in Florida; and I have flown recently).

That said, HOW do you search for an aircraft with air conditioning?
AC or A/C turns up almost every aircraft for sale.
So does AIR. Or Condition,
The word keyword "conditioner" could work, if the site allows keywords, but most people trying to sell their airplane don't spell the whole word out.
The only way I have figured out is to skim all ads for all the planes I might be interested in and look for something that sounds like it might mean "air conditioner". But that takes too long.

How's that for a first world problem?

I hear you - been in the 90s here forever. You might want to find a good hull that has an Air Conditioning STC for it and add it to a plane you buy.

Cardinals don't have any STCs for air conditioning, and in a year or two, I may look at a field approval for either the ACC Aircomm or the Kelly. There have also been good reports from owners using a permanent/temporary type unit such as the Artic Air that goes in the baggage compartment, which costs considerably less than a full bore permanently installed unit.

You might try with your searches:

factory air
kelly air
acc air
artic air

@SCCutler ... didn't you install an AC into your Bonanza? If yes, which one and a PIREP please.

@SCCutler ... didn't you install an AC into your Bonanza? If yes, which one and a PIREP please.

Installus Interruptus.

I paid the deposit ($10k!), and scheduled (5 months out); and was called about a month early to fill a cancellation. Very impressed with the shop (in Tennessee) and with the Owner/STC holder's degree of knowledge. But I got a call about five days later, and found out I had stumped him with mine.

Turns out that the engine case for my 520 is one of the oldest, and it lacked a key drilled/tapped/reinforced lug for the compressor bracket., He checked diligently with both Continental and Divco, and all confirmed: no A/C compressor mount available for my plane.

To say I was crushed would be an understatement.

My plan is to get it in the shop for the AC as soon as I have a new engine in. But odds are, that's years away.

I may try the Arctic Air electric one, about which I have gotten some not-terrible reviews. I suspect that, with that and tinted windows, I'd be OK.

Still crushed.

I may try the Arctic Air electric one, about which I have gotten some not-terrible reviews. I suspect that, with that and tinted windows, I'd be OK.

I had the Arctic Air Real Air Conditioning in my Baron and just had it installed in my Bonanza a couple of months ago. Works great and is 20% the price of the FTA system. It takes 42 lb of your useful load (I had over 1,100 lb to start) and moved my CG back about 0.5" (I'm at 77.8 without it) and it is technically and legally portable. It takes about 15 minutes to "install" or remove.

Air conditioning is on the list for my Bonanza as well. The Real AC seems like a decent option, but we routinely fill the luggage area so ideally I'd like the FTA version.
https://www.arcticaircooler.com/category-s/1477.htm

Also, you can try putting a search like this into Google:
site:trade-a-plane.com "air conditioning"

Back