How do you bring flaps up in a go around procedure?

those limits aren't checked every year?.....during the annual inspection? :eek:

If it's an airplane I haven't seen before, I'll often check it. It's easy, after so many years, to see that a surface isn't travelling right. Recently found the trim tab on a 172 rigged so far off that the jackscrew was about to disengage. Last year it was a 170 that had everything haywire, including the trim.

It would appear, from what I find, that the travels aren't checked every year by most mechanics. Neither are the cable tensions, or the cables themselves, since they're sometimes loose or fraying. Sometimes way overtensioned, too. The proper tools are expensive.

Those old 172s, like most older airplanes, are often way out of rig. Too much control surface travel, too little, rudder rigged off-center, ailerons out of sync, and so on. A lot of pilots get strong impressions from the airplanes they fly, and if the elevator's up-stop was set for three or four degrees too little up-travel, he'd think that these old 172s don't have enough elevator authority.

I understand what you're saying. I was relating that I have never been unable to touch down on the mains, and never been limited to a "3 point" landing.

Back