How do I get an FCC Radio Operators permit?

All American Pilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AllAmericanPilot
I have secured the FRN number, and am now at the FCC commission registration system website. How do I get the permit? It is not clear to me what I should be selecting.

Submit FCC Form 605 through electronic filing in ULS. I believe that if you are not intending to fly outside the US, then it's no longer required.

Submit FCC Form 605 through electronic filing in ULS. There is no proof of passing certificate requirement for an RR. Per Public Notice DA 15-72, the FCC no longer mails license authorizations. If you provide an email address on your application, a link to print your official copy of your license will be automatically emailed to you when the application has granted. Licensees may also log into ULS to download official authorizations. Instructions can be found at How to Obtain Official Authorizations from ULS. Please file in ULS to replace a lost, stolen, or mutilated license.

They seem to be doing maintenance on this system this weekend. I was renewing my amateur license and could not get the printed copy.

Back