how did you guys access your medical history?

bobbylee123

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
bobbylee123
I'm kind of worried that I might be forgetting something. I obviously don't remember every diagnosis I've ever had as a child. I doubt theres anything, but how do I make sure?

I'm kind of worried that I might be forgetting something. I obviously don't remember every diagnosis I've ever had as a child. I doubt theres anything, but how do I make sure?

I believe you’re supposed to answer “to the best of your knowledge,” not to the best in-depth research project you can mount. Records are only retained for a limited time anyway.

Answer based on what you know. For the past three years of doctor's visits, I consult my insurance company website.

The FAA won't find out, and it doesn't care, that you had your tonsils out as a kid. There's no harm in listing that but no harm if you forgot to include it either.

The FAA won't find out, and it doesn't care, that you had your tonsils out as a kid. There's no harm in listing that but no harm if you forgot to include it either.
Right, but more thinking of serious things. For example, I see a lot of people freaking out b/c they were diagnosed with ADHD or something as a kid. I'm 99% sure I was never diagnosed with ADHD as a kid, but hey, you never know, it was a while ago.

I use the notes feature on my phone and log any doctor visits and their info. When it comes time to update med express I can tell what's been previously reported and what I need to add that is new. It works for me.

I use the notes feature on my phone and log any doctor visits and their info. When it comes time to update med express I can tell what's been previously reported and what I need to add that is new. It works for me.
PRNC works great. I had a few of those this go-round.

My adult daughter wanted info about her childhood diagnosis of ADHD and medication. It turned out that the child psychologist destroys patient records after a certain age. So there was no info available, except whatever she and I could recall.

Last edited:
How long ago was that? If it was 2003 probably some kind record somewhere if it was 1975 likely not. The only good thing about being old is doctors I went too are all long dead their offices are gone. My parents are gone also I have no clue what insurance they used back then. If you don't know the FAA doesn't require you to investigate what happened to you as a child.

Back