How dangerous are low-level aerobatics?

Two different things. Is it dangerous and should it be allowed. The answer is yes to both.

:confused: I thought Tsunami was a scratch build, not a modified warbirds.

I guess it was an original. I was thinking it was built from other Mustangs. Like the NXT it must have been a huge undertaking to build something like that from scratch.

Low level aerobatics are dumb dumb dumb and stupid dangerous - and that is why people pay money to be there to watch in hopes they will see YOU spectacularly die.

I love airplanes, always have always will, but were I in power low level aerobatics would end.
Not because I give a furry rodents fat pucker hole if YOU live or die (shrug) but because these crashes just reinforce the herd mentality that airplanes are dangerous and should be banned and they go whining to their congressman who is always looking for a new law to have his name attached to and is happy to introduce laws to limit GA flying in this country.
We are our own worst enemy.

People don't want to ban airplanes, they want to not be disturbed by airplanes. The biggest issue is noise in and out of airports, electric airplanes would solve that, as well as electric motors the high maintenance and operating costs.

I guess it was an original. I was thinking it was built from other Mustangs. Like the NXT it must have been a huge undertaking to build something like that from scratch.

Yep, last time I was at Reno there was a display set up with Tailwheel and some other bits trying to raise funds to build another.

Interesting that the owner- designer, on his way into home airport was killed in pattern when one flap failed causing the airplane to quickly go inverted and kill him.

Interesting that the owner- designer, on his way into home airport was killed in pattern when one flap failed causing the airplane to quickly go inverted and kill him.

Yep, that's what racing is. We build our machines constantly pushing the boundaries of weight to reduce drag. He lived the life he desired.

Nope, weight had nothing to do with it. According to the report a cheap servo.

Well, then he and a dozen others died to save a few dollars, that isn't typically unusual in our society where we place more value on money than life.

Back