How cool is this??? NA

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Have you seen the new Jeep Wrangler commercial? If not, I'm sure someone will find a youtube version of it...

Cute ... except they've wimpified the Jeep Wrangler ... I grew up driving a '46 CJ2A; that thing would climb a tree if the bark wouldn't slip, strong as a tank, war-proven design. I've got a 95 Wrangler that's still somewhat reflective of the old style ... new ones? Unbelievably expensive, citified, Ralph Nadar-ized, protect the driver from himself lawyer-ized ... ok, I'm out of made up adjectives now ...

cute commercial :)

I'd like to see a commercial where a Skyhawk turns into an A-10 when confronted by a Sacota. :goofy:

Cute ... except they've wimpified the Jeep Wrangler ... I grew up driving a '46 CJ2A; that thing would climb a tree if the bark wouldn't slip, strong as a tank, war-proven design. I've got a 95 Wrangler that's still somewhat reflective of the old style ... new ones? Unbelievably expensive, citified, Ralph Nadar-ized, protect the driver from himself lawyer-ized ... ok, I'm out of made up adjectives now ...

ok Greg, I guess I won't get one then. thanks. ;)

But Elizabeth, he just said they were "lawyer-ized". That was just for you! :)

I'm sorry, I didn't want to try to talk you out of a Jeep, Elizabeth. They're fun to drive, pull the top off (hardtop) or drop the soft top down, and have a ball. I guess I'm just being a grumpy old curmudgeon these days. Broken foot, snow storm a week for the last 3 weeks and another on the way, overdue on my flight physical, no flying for the last 3 months (foot, family, schedule, et al)...

forgive me? :)

I've got a '99 TJ and our daughter had a '95 YJ. The coil spring suspension on the TJ rides better and has better articulation on the trail. All in all, a better ride. And my electronic fuel injection system will run the engine much better at altitude than your old CJ-2A did. But, the CJ-2A would win in the cool factor. Love those old Jeeps. Here's one I saw in Paris on Sunday.

Attachments

• DSC00067.JPG
    DSC00067.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 24
I just sold my 2000 Sahara about four months ago. It had a 6" lift and 33 tires on it. I hadn't drove it but maybe twice in six months. I felt so bad that I went ahead and just got rid of it. I have second guessed that decision everyday. I really miss it badly and wish I had not done so. I would really like to get a 70s or 80s CJ7 model and am on a hunt for a good one with a decent price.

I like the Kermit the frog commercial better.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to try to talk you out of a Jeep, Elizabeth. They're fun to drive, pull the top off (hardtop) or drop the soft top down, and have a ball. I guess I'm just being a grumpy old curmudgeon these days. Broken foot, snow storm a week for the last 3 weeks and another on the way, overdue on my flight physical, no flying for the last 3 months (foot, family, schedule, et al)...

forgive me? :)

wellll, ok.

your current sitch does sound hellish. ouch!

I've got a '99 TJ and our daughter had a '95 YJ. The coil spring suspension on the TJ rides better and has better articulation on the trail. All in all, a better ride. And my electronic fuel injection system will run the engine much better at altitude than your old CJ-2A did. But, the CJ-2A would win in the cool factor. Love those old Jeeps. Here's one I saw in Paris on Sunday.
5 people in there, and it looks WELL USED :)

We've got a 1985 CJ7 we keep at our beach home. A neighbor and us went in on a hangar at a nearby airport, so it stays in there. Airplane goes in, Jeep comes out, fun starts all around. It's a good around-town vehicle, good in warm weather--take the top off and let the dogs enjoy the sea breeze--and good for getting down on the beach itself.

I think they've wimpified ALL the late model Jeeps. . .

-JD

Two words: Toyota Landcruiser
eusa_whistle.gif

5 people in there, and it looks WELL USED :)

Indeed, but obviously still running. At the price of gas in France I hate to think what he's paying for that drive.

Oh, and for extra credit, where is that Jeep? Where was I standing when I took the picture? I'll bet Elizabeth knows.

We've got a 1985 CJ7 we keep at our beach home. A neighbor and us went in on a hangar at a nearby airport, so it stays in there. Airplane goes in, Jeep comes out, fun starts all around. It's a good around-town vehicle, good in warm weather--take the top off and let the dogs enjoy the sea breeze--and good for getting down on the beach itself.

-JD

Shooot, the CJ-7 was wimpified with the big wheelbase and big foot cutouts. Heck you can't hardly get them on two wheels. It's was designed for little girls and girlymen.:p

-JD

but, the top comes off. and I'm not going to be climbing trees with it...

the above sounds great! which beach area?

Indeed, but obviously still running. At the price of gas in France I hate to think what he's paying for that drive.

Oh, and for extra credit, where is that Jeep? Where was I standing when I took the picture? I'll bet Elizabeth knows.

actually, it's hard to tell. I can't ID the building in the background. I'd say likely the Champs-Elysee since it's a wide boulevard but otherwise not sure.

More correctly Land Rover wanna be....
Actually it was a Jeep wannabe, and a Land Rover competitor, but IMHO beats both in the years in which (as someone noted above) these things actually mattered and were more than a status symbol for yuppies and other posers.

No offense to anyone :D

-Former 40 series owner who misses it terribly :(

I like my '98 TJ w/ 35" BFG's ... good for rock-crawling and cruising to the airport with my 3.5 yr old son / co-pilot in the back.

Wouldn't say no to a new 4-door Wrangler as a family hauler.

actually, it's hard to tell. I can't ID the building in the background. I'd say likely the Champs-Elysee since it's a wide boulevard but otherwise not sure.

Good eye. Actually, I was standing on the Place de la Concorde when I shot that picture. He was waiting for the light, a right turn at which would have had him going down the Champs-Elysee towards the Arc d'Triumph.

Back