how big is phx terminal?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I am trying to decide if pah-paw will make his connecting flight, the first leg is late and the connector leaves 20mins after his arrival. (Technophobe dad refuses to not just get, but to even borrow someone else's cell phone) And my departure hinges upon his travels - if he doesn't make it I will be stuck at ELP cooling my heels in the fbo at 1am, what fun.

Depends on how far apart the gates are. What I will strive to avoid in the future is arriving on an international flight with "only" 2 hours between flights at PHX. Darned near didn't make our connection last April. PHX is well and truely spread out. Even if you're on the same airline, it can be a hike between gates. I really don't like PHX.

I am trying to decide if pah-paw will make his connecting flight, the first leg is late and the connector leaves 20mins after his arrival. (Technophobe dad refuses to not just get, but to even borrow someone else's cell phone) And my departure hinges upon his travels - if he doesn't make it I will be stuck at ELP cooling my heels in the fbo at 1am, what fun.

Aarggg, 20 minutes will be ok if he knows exatly where he's going. Hopefully he will enlist gate personel to help at his arrival gate. They can get him there in time. Good Luck Dave

the two possible connections arrive at 10pm and 1am cdt

Is there any possible way to find out if he makes the first one, if he doesn't comm?

I can feel 3hrs in the terminal/fbo coming on :(

Track the inbound on Flightware. If it's more than fifteen minutes late, stay home and plan the 1:00 AM arrival.

My Dad is like that. It's maddening.

I'm tracking the first leg now, he will have 30 mins at phx.
Thing is, I have to leave now to meet him if he catches the first connection.
If he misses it and has to wait for the second flight, I will be enroute by the time he can contact me (if he will).
Its part of his persistent stubborness.... Of which I have none.

Time to pack up some snacks and things to read.
Maybe they will have a puter I can log in with and you can console me!

Actually he made it; we made it home. Winding down now. Long day for him, nice night flight to elp and back. Some negotiating with app/twr over which runway I was getting but they explained someone had a 'critical departure window' so I got the long taxi, no biggie. Nice tailwind on return. BLACK night out there, might log it as instrument! Thanks for helps.

Dave, I'm glad it worked out and ya got your Dad there to spend some time with.

Back