How anti GA is the main stream media?

It’s a 3 paragraph article from a little local news outlet. Over reacting much with the thread title?

Local news outlets put out all sorts of tiny little pieces on basically non-events. Someone reads them I guess.

I would hazard to guess that most of the media doesn’t specifically hate general Aviation but you know the old saying “if it bleeds it leads“ and because it’s something that the general population does not understand, it makes for better headlines.

It’s a 3 paragraph article from a little local news outlet. Over reacting much with the thread title?

Local news outlets put out all sorts of tiny little pieces on basically non-events. Someone reads them I guess.
Fort Myers TV station Wink news Had it on the evening and morning news. The lead story!

After there have been higher profile accidents, which there have been in the Fort Myers/Naples area recently, there is usually a little heightened media attention. If someone stubs their toe at the airport in the next week or so it will make news and be linked to the other accidents. That will fade in a few weeks.

Sounds like the system is working as designed. You were given a stimulus that elicited a response, in order to maintain the desired level of agitation and discomfort and dissatisfaction. You'll probably feel better if you engage in some activity that gives the illusion of agency and/or go impulse buy something. Or, simply wait until Friday, when there will be a feel-good human interest story.

GeorgeC,
and the temple of OMM0000

They just think anything involving airplanes or airports is automatically a story. The general public and news media doesn't know much of anything when it comes to GA and I don't think they really care that much about us.

After there have been higher profile accidents, which there have been in the Fort Myers/Naples area recently, there is usually a little heightened media attention. If someone stubs their toe at the airport in the next week or so it will make news and be linked to the other accidents. That will fade in a few weeks.
Stubbing your toe is right up there with taking a pintle hitch to just below the knee cap. I did both this morning and it SHOULD have made the news. That hurts!

Slow news day. Not much happening in fort Myers I take it…

Not since Hurricane Ian inundated and flattened large parts of Fort Myers Beach last year. My brother and his wife lost their home, its contents, and one of their cars.

-Skip

Imagine if your job was to wake up in the morning and write enough stories about the days events to fill a newspaper or broadcast. You're gonna have to throw some filler in there to get the bulk you need. Call it embellishment or just exaggeration for effect if your stories are as dull as a butterknife you're gonna get axed.

Back