Houston next week?

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
I'll be flying to HOU on Sunday and will be there until Friday. Anyone around?

Someone may be around but wouldn't you rather visit a nice, small, liberal town? :)

Small?

That's Austin's problem- it ain't small, but it tries to claim to be.

---

OK, Lance-

Your Mama lives here in north Texas... when you gonna come here again?

Small?

That's Austin's problem- it ain't small, but it tries to claim to be.

---

OK, Lance-

Your Mama lives here in north Texas... when you gonna come here again?
Hey, don't hate on Austin! It's my home away from home. Hmm Saltlick....

Cooper's is heaven... but the Salt Lick ain't far, neither.

You cannot lose either way.

My customer is in Houston so that's where I've got to be. (I do like Austin though, and my mother would prefer I come to DFW. so many places, so little time.)

lance thats why you have a fast airplane

Hey, don't hate on Austin! It's my home away from home. Hmm Saltlick....

Salt Lick - close, but not in Austin.

Mosey on down to San Antone and eat at Rudy's. Then take the cowboy trail out to Bandera and have some at Busbee's (at least as good as Salt Lick). And hop on over to Lockhart and eat at Kreuz BBQ - served on brown paper, no sides, no sauce ('cause it don' need it).

Heck, why not go town to town and do the BBQ circuit!

Salt Lick - close, but not in Austin.

Mosey on down to San Antone and eat at Rudy's. Then take the cowboy trail out to Bandera and have some at Busbee's (at least as good as Salt Lick). And hop on over to Lockhart and eat at Kreuz BBQ - served on brown paper, no sides, no sauce ('cause it don' need it).

Heck, why not go town to town and do the BBQ circuit!
I'll have to bookmark this thread. Lots of excellent (yet unexpected) recommendations!

I lived about 10 minutes from the Salt Lick on Persimmon Grove, so I'm partial to it. But I'll have to try all these other places next time.

Okay, this has me thinking yet again about doing a BBQ tour. Texas BBQ is great, but throw in KC, Memphis, NC, St. Louis, etc. All different, and all good.

Okay, this has me thinking yet again about doing a BBQ tour. Texas BBQ is great, but throw in KC, Memphis, NC, St. Louis, etc. All different, and all good.
Make KAQO your first stop. You won't beat it. :)

Back to the original point of this thread... I'm around this week Lance. Do you want to try for a get-together tomorrow night (Tuesday)? You staying near Hobby again?

All the usual suspects, of course! :D
I'm still around, till about the end of the week, maybe the weekend. So, depending on when you are here and when PJ is available, lets get together!

By the way, I had lunch at Black's BBQ in Lockhart on Friday. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Definitely 2 thumbs up! It's small and quaint, but some of the best Q I've had! So good, I had to get extra to bring home!
Kruetz's is just down the road a mile or so. Next time I'll be giving it a try.

Up in CXO (Conroe), I still recommend McKenzie's BBQ.

Down near Hobby, everyone goes gaga over Central Texas BBQ (I'm having lunch there in about 2 hrs), which is a 3 minute walk from Atlantic in HOU.

Back to the original point of this thread... I'm around this week Lance. Do you want to try for a get-together tomorrow night (Tuesday)? You staying near Hobby again?
Yes, that's what I was hoping for. Tomorrow night, Tuesday, is good. I'm at the Holiday Inn on Airport Blvd @ Hobby. Probably any time after 7 pm is a safe time.

BTW, is there an FBO at Hobby that would have the new (Nov. 20) approach plates for this area with the hole punches in them?

Yes, that's what I was hoping for. Tomorrow night, Tuesday, is good. I'm at the Holiday Inn on Airport Blvd @ Hobby. Probably any time after 7 pm is a safe time.

That sounds good. I need to go home on the west side of town first, so sometime after 7 pm should be good for me as well. Do you guys want to meet at The Flying Saucer downtown? Awesome beer selection, the food is pretty good for a bar, and it's a bit more centrally located.

BTW, is there an FBO at Hobby that would have the new (Nov. 20) approach plates for this area with the hole punches in them?

You might try Flying Tigers. They're the only flight school on the field, and they're located down by Wilson on the south end of the field. Other than that, I'd just suggest calling around.

http://www.fly2houston.com/houTenants

Back