Household Additions

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Allow me to introduce Dexter and Twix, my girlfriend and I's new cats. They are a brother and sister, and we adopted them from an acquaintance of her mother's who does animal rescue work. They were part of a litter of four that was rescued along with their mother from a bank parking lot. The mother was spaed and is now a barn cat. They have an orange and white brother who is very playful and is currently looking for a good home. They also had a sister who was the runt of the litter, but unfortunately she became very ill and passed away.

Anyway, we're keeping them confined to a small area of the house for a couple of weeks until they acclimate to us and the surroundings before we release them to rule the rest of the house.

Attachments

• Dexter.jpg
    Dexter.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Favorite Hiding Spot.jpg
    Favorite Hiding Spot.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Twix.jpg
    Twix.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
How high can you throw them before they don't land on their feet anymore?

So if they like to sleep in their litter box, the question is, what do they use for.... :confused:

Aww how cute!!!

I grew up with kitties, most of ours were rescues too. It's practically a Noah's ark at home in Florida. They wont let us have animals at college though other than fish.

Enjoy them while they're still cute. Pretty soon you'll need to sleep with thick blankets, even in the middle of summer, because their evil little razor claws will find their way into your thigh in the middle of the night. Then, as they get older and fatter, they'll just walk on you in the middle of the night, then find some way to hog at least half the bed - which you have to give them some credit for, they're small animals but they can take up a lot of space if they want (and boy do they want, at about 2am). Have fun! :)

IT is THEIR bed you know!!

Oh I know! It's their EVERYTHING. Your dinner? Not yours if you set it down anywhere. Your glass of water? Not if you leave it within leaping distance. Your pillow? Maybe when they're off at the litter box, but then it's right back to them! Your lap? Oh no no, their bed, too...unless you actually want their attention, then it's about as useful as the litter box.

adorable - and you are to be commended, 2 less of the 8M per year to deal with... :)

What adorable kitties! :yes:

We adopted two brothers from the Humane Society last year. We are now their slaves. Here is the obedient one, Wilco. I trained him to stay off the refrigerator. :D

Attachments

• Wilco on the fridge looking out.JPG
    Wilco on the fridge looking out.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Wilco's head tilt.JPG
    Wilco's head tilt.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 12
"Wilco"? Should have called him "Nordo", Diana!
(Sounds like my 'obedient' pair)

What adorable kitties! :yes:

We adopted two brothers from the Humane Society last year. We are now their slaves. Here is the obedient one, Wilco. I trained him to stay off the refrigerator. :D

Yeah, that worked well. :D

Our son has two shelter kitties. Our daughter has two more. And her third cat, now living with us because their apartment only allows two, is the only one obtained from the owner of the mother cat. And she took him because he was the runt of the litter and she felt sorry for him. Should I feel sorry for this cat? It's HIS HOUSE, he just shares it with us.

My wife sits down or lies down and that fluffball is there, right now! Never has met a lap he didn't like.

Attachments

• P9060003.JPG
    P9060003.JPG
    667.3 KB · Views: 8
  • P9060006.JPG
    P9060006.JPG
    699.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC03404.JPG
    DSC03404.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 10
I love my cat, Galileo. But, while packing to move I found three small cables he nearly chewed into. One was the scanner power supply cable with a good third of it chewed down the line. These are on top of the previous half dozen or so I've come across in the past.

Part of me wants to load one of those up on 110VAC. But, I do have cables nearly as small and with as much voltage. He doesn't touch those.

Dang cat! :p

:goofy:

I love my cat, Galileo. But, while packing to move I found three small cables he nearly chewed into. One was the scanner power supply cable with a good third of it chewed down the line. These are on top of the previous half dozen or so I've come across in the past.

Part of me wants to load one of those up on 110VAC. But, I do have cables nearly as small and with as much voltage. He doesn't touch those.

Dang cat! :p

:goofy:
Get some Tabasco sauce and rub it on the cables. He will learn real quick to not bite wires.

The real questions is how close to the ground can you hold them upside down and still have them land on their feet. I can tell you from personal experience it is pretty darn amazing how quick they can flip around! The funny part is that my cat actually seemed to enjoy the experiment :)

The question is not how high, but how low and the answer is less than a body length.

They've been tested from altitude. :D Once they get feet down they free fall that way, but splay out paws like a flying squirrel to slow down terminal velocity. (I don't remember where I read a treatise on this, but I did.) Oh. Found it.

If I was tempting temporary insanity and explored getting a mouser, how can I determine which kind of fur it is that makes me sneezy? Is it likely all of them?

I also would have to have one tough enough that Pancho wouldn't eat it.

(AFAIK, I haven't had mice since I hunted them all down last year and removed the food the previous owners left behind, unless they're stealthier than I think.)

If I was tempting temporary insanity and explored getting a mouser, how can I determine which kind of fur it is that makes me sneezy? Is it likely all of them?

It's not the fur, it's the saliva on the fur from when the cat cleans itself. Unless you're gonna give Kitty a bath every day (good luck with that :D) you're gonna be sneezy.

Back