Hospitalized due to smoking pot 3 years ago

A

AnonPot

Many years ago I had to be rushed to the hospital because I was over anxious and had a breakdown due to smoking pot. What is the possibility of getting a medical?

Since this was over two years ago, do I need to say yes to the substance abuse within two years question? If not, and I just list the nature of my hospitalization in the visits section, am I going to be deferred/denied?

Fyi it was a one time thing and I've never smoked since. And I don't plan to.

If that was the one and only time you ever smoked pot, it’s possible your bigger problem is an anxiety disorder. That sounds like a panic attack.

“Two years ago” is yesterday as far as the FAA is concerned.

I'll be a jerk again... I'm not a doctor, and I have no info on the FAA process, but unless you were smoking something different from what you think you were, you might not be a good candidate to be flying an airplane.

Anxiety disorder due to cannabis use, hospitalization.
That is a HIMS psychiatry evaluation for sure.

....or you could lie....and hope they miss the insurance codes on the hospitalization". That’s not gonna work too well.

I'll be a jerk again... I'm not a doctor, and I have no info on the FAA process, but unless you were smoking something different from what you think you were, you might not be a good candidate to be flying an airplane.
I was thinking along the same lines. When I was in high school and college, I knew dozens of people who got high for the first time. No one had such a reaction as he describes. Maybe something else going on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back