Horror at Taco Bell! Tortilla shortage!

Haven’t eaten at one in 5+ years.

Taco Bell is a disgusting excuse for Mexican food. They tried to open Taco Bell stores in Mexico, and went bankrupt. Tortilla shortage. What a load. Nothing more than a cheap hack attempt at publicity.

Taco Bell is a disgusting excuse for Mexican food. They tried to open Taco Bell stores in Mexico, and went bankrupt. Tortilla shortage. What a load. Nothing more than a cheap hack attempt at publicity.
I like Taco Bell food. But I don't consider it to be Mexican. I go to a real Mexican restaurant for that.

If Del Taco expanded rapidly and upped their game on the east coast, Taco Bell would finally bite the dust and go away.

If Del Taco expanded rapidly and upped their game on the east coast, Taco Bell would finally bite the dust and go away.

Put one next to a bar and the owner will be a millionaire in no time.....Macho Taco FTW!

A Del Taco opened up earlier this year in Gallup. Gotta get a small bank loan to afford eating there. The food just isn't worth talking about but the prices sure are.

Steak and Fries did the same thing. Opened up and charged a small fortune to eat there, then went away 12 months later. Nice new building standing empty.

While I realize that Taco Bell is not authentic mexican, I still like it.

giphy.gif

:D:D:D

The Bell is a long way from, authentic. That said, it makes perhaps the best balance between value and yummy. I love me some Taco Bell, though it has been awhile. Not because I don’t like the Bell, but I make better burritos and I really don’t eat out much. Helps me keep my girlish figure.

I loved Del Taco back in the day. Del meat burrito with green sauce and sour cream is what I always ordered. Then they all disappeared. Now they're making a comeback. Just noticed one went up in Fayetteville not too far from me. Just saw it a few days ago.

I loved Del Taco back in the day. Del meat burrito with green sauce and sour cream is what I always ordered. Then they all disappeared. Now they're making a comeback. Just noticed one went up in Fayetteville not too far from me. Just saw it a few days ago.

I live in Virginia. I'd drive to Fayetteville, NC for Del Taco.

Put one next to a bar and the owner will be a millionaire in no time.....Macho Taco FTW!
Put one next to a marijuana dispensary and the owner will be a millionaire in no time.....Macho Taco FTW!

FTFY

I worked at Taco Bell for 3 years..... Hispanics LOVE Taco Bell. That’s a fact. :cool:
My Hispanic friends like it, but they’re also very quick to point out that it’s NOT Mexican in any way shape or form. It’s no closer to Mexican food for them as it is to usIt tastes good and it’s food, that’s about it.

Again, I haven’t eaten at one in 5+ years and don’t plan to anytime soon. I’ll go with Qdoba or Chipotle any day over that crap.

I worked at Taco Bell for 3 years..... Hispanics LOVE Taco Bell. That’s a fact. :cool:

Indians here like it enough to support 3 Bells in a small town.

The 3 ''authentic'' Mexican food restaurants really are authentic....bland and greasy.

I have thought about opening up a real American food restaurant with two menu items......

#1. Fried hard and covered in ketchup...

#2 If it's green it's trouble, if it's fried get double....:lol::lol:

The 3 ''authentic'' Mexican food restaurants really are authentic....bland and greasy.
I dunno, I had the best Mexican food I’ve ever tasted at a hole in the wall type place in Albuquerque, called Casa de Benavidez. Now THAT was authentic. I felt right at home with all of the Latina women around too!

Put one next to a marijuana dispensary and the owner will be a millionaire in no time.....Macho Taco FTW!

FTFY

Put it between the strip club and the weed house and next to a check cashing or title pawn store and OMG, billions served!!

At least it’s not a toilet paper shortage at Taco Bell. *THAT* would be true horror.

Last edited:
When it comes to food and authenticity.

Taco Bell tastes better than authentic Mexican food.

Most US pizza tastes much, much better than Italian versions.

Most of the people eating at the Chinese buffet wouldn't like or even eat many of the authentic Chinese dishes that I've eaten.

And the same can be said for most ethnic foods here in the US. The Americanized version is better and most Americans would quickly tire of life as a local eating local food abroad.

Wow, Americans might lose some weight.

I made a game of finding the nastiest hole in the wall place in Mexico City. The nastier the place the better the food. Never got sick either. I think I’ve Superman’s GI tract.

Nothing better at 2am after having spent the evening drinking/dancing in college. T-Bell was a staple for college kids on a budget, lol. I probably only have it 2-3 times a year these days (grilled stuffed burrito FTW). The food isn't a culinary masterpiece, but it's hard to mess up cheese, rice, beans, and grilled chicken. I don't think there's any question that it doesn't resemble authentic Mexican food, but few places truly do "authentic" for any ethnic foods. Most of it is Tex-Mex when it comes to Mexican cuisine, and there's nothing wrong with that. I do love me some hand-made tamales though.

Back