En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FormerHangie
Southeast radar map:
Feb7Radar.jpg

The near term forecast isn't real promising either:
FebForecast.jpg

That's February for you. I think it's our worst month for flying weather. In January, you usually get some chilly blue sky days, and March and April can be stormy, but for consistent soggy weather, I think February has them all beat.

Been thundering and pouring rain for hours here. Supposed to improve this afternoon as that line moves on thru, but no flying plans today.

My checkride is re-re-rescheduled for 02.Mar...I'm hoping it blows in like a lamb and out like a lion...

Oh, and my lesson for this afternoon just got flushed... :-(

The weekend looks ugly as well. My CFI is on vacation this week anyways, so nothing lost, but it's getting time to look at Arks in the SE.

I sure wish we would get some damn rain in Arizona.

I was supposed to go to the avionics shop this morning. I called him yesterday afternoon and told him that it didn't look like a good idea.

Could be worse. Could be.....oh, nevermind. :(

Hey, I took a nice VFR flight this morning in the southeast. Orlando to be specific...

Glad I got to fly later yesterday. It was beautiful, although I could see some light virga or maybe rain in the distance. Not enough to make it even MVFR, but something was there.

One of these days my schedule and the weather will align so that I can get a nice few hours pleasure hours in....:goofy:

February is typically a dreary month. Rained most of the night here last night with IFR conditions still prevailing in the region.

Hoping to sneak out tomorrow afternoon and get some airtime. We’ll see.

I sure wish we would get some damn rain in Arizona.

And here in New Mexico as well. We finally got a little snow a couple week ago, about 4 inches. I am expecting a long hot summer...

Going to be nice ,all week around the Sarasota area of Florida.

And here in New Mexico as well. We finally got a little snow a couple week ago, about 4 inches. I am expecting a long hot summer...

I could be wrong, but I recall hearing that this last year was one of the dryest years in AZ history. Flagstaff has had virtually no snow this year, which is something I have never seen before. It's gonna be a long hot summer and a hell of a fire season. I'm tired of AZ and not getting any weather. It's getting old.

It is pouring here right now. If I could, I’d send it to you good folks in AZ and NM.

I could be wrong, but I recall hearing that this last year was one of the dryest years in AZ history. Flagstaff has had virtually no snow this year, which is something I have never seen before. It's gonna be a long hot summer and a hell of a fire season. I'm tired of AZ and not getting any weather. It's getting old.

Speaking of fire season, last week I got a call from the insurance company. They wanted to know where the nearest hydrant is to my house I am about to sell. Well, I live in a rural area and wells is where I get my water. So I told them on my property.

Yep today blows as does most of the forecast. Tomorrow looks nice as does Friday morning in which there will be avgas burning. Then the weekend sucks. I'm sick of winter, I live in Mississippi and so far I have walked on my pond, had pipes freeze, and spent a few days where it never got above freezing. I lived in North Pole Alaska for 4 years so I had my life time fill of winter already and know what winter can really be like.

Last edited:
For the first time in my life, I’m actually glad I’m flying American and not Delta today...

Yes, this February weather is brutal in Georgia. I flew down to Jekyll Island, both Friday and yesterday (Tuesday) in severe clear skies and rode my bike around the bike paths in 63 degree weather on Friday and 70 degrees yesterday. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 11
Yes, this February weather is brutal in Georgia. I flew down to Jekyll Island, both Friday and yesterday (Tuesday) in severe clear skies and rode my bike around the bike paths in 63 degree weather on Friday and 70 degrees yesterday. :)

Brutal. Simply brutal. 63 degrees? Man. It's 80 here right now. I'll put the top down on my way home. ;)

Lol. I was thinking of making this thread my first necro post resurrection around July or August when you guys were melting to boast about a more comfortable temperature.

Fair's fair.

Lol. I was thinking of making this thread my first necro post resurrection around July or August when you guys were melting to boast about a more comfortable temperature.

Yeah, but in August I hope to be in N Ga on a motorcycle playing dodge-car.

Back