Honeywell Anthem NBAA

Tantalum

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
San_Diego_Pilot
Seems like a pretty big step forward, even if it's outside the reach of most piston GA. Most interesting to me is the cloud connectivity. Even though it's a buzzword I hate it seems like this was only a matter of time

Forbes is skeptical:
"Honeywell Aerospace is touting the benefits of its new “Anthem” flight deck system, an “always-on” cloud connectivity platform that it claims will improve flight efficiency, operations, safety and comfort. But whether connecting the cockpit of a bizjet or Urban Air Mobility vehicle to the internet 24/7 provides sufficient benefit to outweigh its risk is a daunting question."

AvWeb liked it:
"For me, the biggest and quietest news at last week’s NBAA-BACE convention in Las Vegas came from Honeywell, introducing its clean-sheet, cloud-connected Anthem integrated flight deck. "

From Honeywell themselves: https://aerospace.honeywell.com/us/en/learn/products/cockpit-systems-and-displays/honeywell-anthem

internet connectivity...

what could go wrong?

Seems like a pretty big step forward, even if it's outside the reach of most piston GA. Most interesting to me is the cloud connectivity. Even though it's a buzzword I hate it seems like this was only a matter of time

Knowing what I do about Honeywell, these will never be found any piston airplanes. They aren't aimed at them either, just like most of their current products.

Its seems mostly like a bit catching up to Rockwell Collins Fusion to me.

Last edited:
I’d take the Garmin

Honeywell seems outdated and clunky from the start.

Neither of their GS6's have it installed - says a lot

internet connectivity...

what could go wrong?

Please DM me and I can ensure you get the info you need so you are less concerned about this - the Honeywell Anthem system does NOT directly connect any critical systems to the internet and it doesn't depend on the internet to work. It uses connectivity to improve the pilot experience and gives pilots a lot more access to information than they have today without being distracting in the way loose IPADs and iPhones in the cockpit are distracting

Nothing spells fun like getting a 404 error inside the FAF.

Please DM me - I'm happy to connect you with info that makes it clear why your comment doesn't apply, because it can't actually happen, for Honeywell Anthem flight operations

Knowing what I do about Honeywell, these will never be found any piston airplanes. They aren't aimed at them either, just like most of their current products.

Its seems mostly like a bit catching up to Rockwell Collins Fusion to me.

Please DM me. All the non-Honeywell test pilot feedback so far (hundreds of pilots) on the Honeywell Anthem interface and feature suite has been essentially "this is much more intuitive than Collins" - the comments I hear directly from King Air pilots is that Collins Fusion is really more "Collins Confusion" even for the newest cockpits

I’d take the Garmin

Honeywell seems outdated and clunky from the start.

Please DM me - I'm happy to go through all the reasons pilots make mistakes in Garmin cockpits and why that doesn't happen with the new Honeywell Anthem interface - if you can support it sometime over the next few months, the team would be happy to spend some time with you in a simulation environment getting your feedback on the interface and features. Having time in airplanes with both the G1000, and G3000 and a lot of time on the GTN series units, I think you will find many aspects of the interface as easy (in some cases much easier) than the Garmin setups. But don't take my word for it. We'd rather have you experience it and provide feedback based on your actual time on this system. We'd prefer getting your feedback so we can gather and use actual data based on real time operations in a realistic environment while you are using the actual system.

Last edited:
They can't even get thermostats quite right.
Seriously, it's a completely different team that does thermostats. Great tongue in cheek entertaining comment, but ask the thousands of Dassault, Pilatus PC12/24 and Gulfstream pilots who fly Honeywell every day how they feel about it. My guess is they aren't concerned about thermostats.

Neither of their GS6's have it installed - says a lot

A lot of the features and capabilities that have been proven on the G600s will be available in the systems used on lighter aircraft, helicopters and AAMs (Advanced Air Mobility) vehicles. It's kind of tricky (impossible) to put a system that is currently being certified and has just now become available into an aircraft type that was certified prior to the system being made available.

What is this going into at the low end of the spectrum? Any chance of retrofit for legacy cockpits (eg CitationJet, CJ1/+)?

Seriously, it's a completely different team that does thermostats. Great tongue in cheek entertaining comment, but ask the thousands of Dassault, Pilatus PC12/24 and Gulfstream pilots who fly Honeywell every day how they feel about it. My guess is they aren't concerned about thermostats.

Oh I get it completely and understand. But your point is well taken, it's a great way to gauge the temperature of the situation.

I worked on a program led by Sperry back in the mid '80's, with the requisite zappers (stickers) with a logo and contractor names around the border. Several names changed on the border as companies were acquired but once the Sperry acquisition by Honeywell was announced it it didn't take long for a replacement zapper with "Sperry" replaced by "Honey, Well Maybe."

Nauga,
who knows indecision is the key to flexibility

Back