Honda Jet forgets to stop

Given the weather conditions in Chicago today, there's a high likelihood it was a (contributing) factor in this incident.

That thing was sideways before it left the pavement, yet I didn't see any skidmarks. Was the runway wet when this happened?

In all likihood, yes. We had pretty constant storms through early afternoon here.

That didn't take long.

Kind of a funny story, the jet lonesome for cars because it's made by a car company. Cute. I bet the pilot is going o be real lonesome too.

Kind of a funny story, the jet lonesome for cars because it's made by a car company. Cute. I bet the pilot is going o be real lonesome too.

He lives his life a quarter mile AGL at a time?

Looks like midway, lets see... short runway, wet runway, windy, I'm guessing low time in type sine there are very few of them out there, what could go wrong?

On a serious note.....looking at the skid marks/tire tracks, I wonder if he was intentionally trying to avoid the EMAS? If so, he came awful close to that wall.

Looks like a landing in a left quartering tailwind and loss of control. Quite possibly didn't use the first half of the runway.

Someone ground looped a Hondajet? That's crazy. I had no idea those were tailwheel! Neat!

What's the big deal here..?? I always stop like this after landing......:lol::lol:

On a serious note.....looking at the skid marks/tire tracks, I wonder if he was intentionally trying to avoid the EMAS? If so, he came awful close to that wall.
I bet there's a second set of skid marks in the left seat!

Looks like a landing in a left quartering tailwind and loss of control. Quite possibly didn't use the first half of the runway.
My understanding is that the HondaJet has higher approach speeds than its peers (e.g. M2 or Phenom 100).

They only have a max demonstrated x-wind of 20 kts. From what I understand, if you don’t maintain good crosswind technique and hold aileron into the wind, the wing will come up on you.

I was doing some night ops, to keep current.
I watched while a Phenom landed on the wrong (short) runway. (The tower was closed) Hey, it's in the book. "No night landings on 17/35"
Then the pilot proceeded to wear off the tires, the brakes, the wheel hubs, and part of the struts before he hit the fence.
Lots of sparks.
I do have to give him full marks for keeping it right smack on the centerline the entire ride.

I watched while a Phenom landed on the wrong (short) runway. (The tower was closed) Hey, it's in the book. "No night landings on 17/35"
Then the pilot proceeded to wear off the tires, the brakes, the wheel hubs, and part of the struts before he hit the fence.
Lots of sparks.
I do have to give him full marks for keeping it right smack on the centerline the entire ride.

@Clark1961 and I watched one of the Boutique pilots use the entire runway at KALS in a PC-12. All 8519’ of it. Minus maybe 20’.

We were kinda impressed. It wasn’t even hot out. :)

What was funny about it was Clark says to me, “Where’d he go?” then we realized he was still slowing — over a mile away down the runway.

He was in beta or reverse (sounded like beta to me, but we couldn’t tell) for at least for 4000’ of it.

Probably not

Why do you think that?

I saw on another thread LOC has overtaken CFIT in the #1 hit parade slot.

GA is steadily moving to faster, higher performance airplanes. For decades the top end of GA was something like a Bonanza. Now we have private pilots able to regularly fly higher and faster in SR-22Ts, Malibus, Meridians, TBMs, and a growing number of small jets.

Is there a developing relationship there?

I think CFIT is diminished because of in-cockpit GPS (whether panel mount or iWhatever) providing situational awareness and topo maps.

Why do you think that?

GA is steadily moving to faster, higher performance airplanes. For decades the top end of GA was something like a Bonanza. Now we have private pilots able to regularly fly higher and faster in SR-22Ts, Malibus, Meridians, TBMs, and a growing number of small jets.

Is there a developing relationship there?
Had to look back at what I responded to! You’ll need a type rating to fly any jet so the owners are getting rigorous training and passing a checkride. I don’t think Part 91 requires recurrent training but their insurance will require them to do one at least once a year. Not saying people don’t slip through the cracks but generally with jets, you can’t be a complete idiot and expect to pass the check ride. The Citation Mustang, for example has only had two accidents that are in this database but there may have been more. The two accidents occurred 10 years after so that’s not bad.

https://aviation-safety.net/database/type/index.php?type=jet

As long as he did not bounce it and he stayed on the centerline, then that is all that counts here....:rofl::rofl:

Is that 'brake by wire' system ?

@Clark1961 and I watched one of the Boutique pilots use the entire runway at KALS in a PC-12. All 8519’ of it. Minus maybe 20’.

We were kinda impressed. It wasn’t even hot out. :)

What was funny about it was Clark says to me, “Where’d he go?” then we realized he was still slowing — over a mile away down the runway.

He was in beta or reverse (sounded like beta to me, but we couldn’t tell) for at least for 4000’ of it.

they took one off the end of the runway in chadron. How you drive a STOL airplane off the end of the runway I have no idea.

Lots of sparks.

At which airport?

Back