Holy Lurkers!

Probably 32 members with multiple concurrent logins and 1258 search bots.

I lurk all the time. If I'm on my laptop, I'm already signed in, but if I'm on the wife's tablet I don't usually log in. I hate typing on tablets. I just use it to surf.

I have been lurking since August. I used this site in order to decide whether to persue a PPL or not. This was after a flight with a coworker and growing up on the airlines as my mom worked for united. I take my I intro flight sunday with my CFI and a second less on Tuesday. Medical is scheduled for Wednesday so hopefully all goes well. I am enrolled in the ground school and flight classes throug the community college to utilize some money remaining in my college account.

I have been lurking since August. I used this site in order to decide whether to persue a PPL or not. This was after a flight with a coworker and growing up on the airlines as my mom worked for united. I take my I intro flight sunday with my CFI and a second less on Tuesday. Medical is scheduled for Wednesday so hopefully all goes well. I am enrolled in the ground school and flight classes throug the community college to utilize some money remaining in my college account.

That's great!
Where are you at?

Sounds like a great way to bleed off the account, have fun!

There are more of you out there.

"Currently Active Users: 1586 (328 members and 1258 guests)"

Who are you? :)

I lurk more than post. The more I lurk the more I realize how much I don't know, so I lurk some more in order to learn.

A little bit about me: I took a discovery flight at the age of 60 in October of 2013. I passed my ASEL check ride in September, 2014. Just bought a C182P last month and am learning my new aircraft. I retired last May 1st so i could spend more time flying.

I had always wanted to learn to fly for the past 30+ years. After I was invited by a business associate to "go for a ride" in his Eclipse 500, I knew I wanted to do this more than anything else. My discovery flight came a few months later.

Okay, back to the shadows now.

I lurk more than post. The more I lurk the more I realize how much I don't know, so I lurk some more in order to learn.

A little bit about me: I took a discovery flight at the age of 60 in October of 2013. I passed my ASEL check ride in September, 2014. Just bought a C182P last month and am learning my new aircraft. I retired last May 1st so i could spend more time flying.

I had always wanted to learn to fly for the past 30+ years. After I was invited by a business associate to "go for a ride" in his Eclipse 500, I knew I wanted to do this more than anything else. My discovery flight came a few months later.

Okay, back to the shadows now.

Congrats! I think that is awesome. I too lurk more than post, as I am only 3 lessons in and don't know much about flying yet. Honestly, I usually just post on the non-flying posts right now.

That's not enough. :)

Glad you are here. Hope to see some flying photos of that bird in your avatar.

How long have you been flying?

I flew the square tail 182 in my avatar for seven years. Below is a picture my wife took on final. A couple of months ago I upgraded to a CT210, having fun with the new ride

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Congrats! I think that is awesome. I too lurk more than post, as I am only 3 lessons in and don't know much about flying yet. Honestly, I usually just post on the non-flying posts right now.

I've had my license for almost 7 years and still don't know much about flying yet. Doesn't stop me from posting on flying posts, though. ;)

Aren't you supposed to be baking cookies or making sam'michs?

What a great thread idea. And it's gone well. Nice work, I wish I'd thought of it.
;)

There are more of you out there.

"Currently Active Users: 1586 (328 members and 1258 guests)"

Who are you? :)

Just me :lol:

Someone on the EAA forum mentioned POA (might have been Jay?). Started checking this site every day for a few months, and finally came across something I had input on awhile ago, so signed up!

Country boy pilot since '71....aircraft owner of one sort or another since then. Retired LE computer geek.

Found, moved to Ohio, and married my best friend 6 years ago (in a couple of months). Girl's amazing...A&P, CFII, Citation Captain/Instructor, flies corporate, but has trouble keeping a Citabria right side up.

Our house is on the hill overlooking the airport where our R182, 7ECA, and the Citation (which is definitely NOT ours) live. Life is good!

Jim

Been reading on here for awhile now. I get a kick out of the humour, I always have a good chuckle. Thanks for that.

I am building an Acroduster Too(yes I am a biplane nut). Love the building process.
I am a welding instructor, CWI, CWE and run the program at the college where I work.
Have 20+ hours towards my PPL but am now stuck in a place where there is no place to do any flying, no planes for rent and no CFI's with a plane to rent. So I spend my time in my shop building my dream plane.

Been reading on here for awhile now. I get a kick out of the humour, I always have a good chuckle. Thanks for that.

I am building an Acroduster Too(yes I am a biplane nut). Love the building process.
I am a welding instructor, CWI, CWE and run the program at the college where I work.
Have 20+ hours towards my PPL but am now stuck in a place where there is no place to do any flying, no planes for rent and no CFI's with a plane to rent. So I spend my time in my shop building my dream plane.

Keep after it....They're a sweet airplane! We have one just a couple hangars down the row from us!

Jim

Welcome.

Do you have any photos of the progress?
I could never take on a project that big but I am fascinated by people that build their own planes.

It is overwhelming for me to think about.

Found, moved to Ohio, and married my best friend 6 years ago (in a couple of months). Girl's amazing...A&P, CFII, Citation Captain/Instructor, flies corporate, but has trouble keeping a Citabria right side up.

Our house is on the hill overlooking the airport where our R182, 7ECA, and the Citation (which is definitely NOT ours) live. Life is good!

Jim

That sounds like Heaven.
I have a friend that owes me a ride in a Citabria. I have never been in one. He agreed to keep it right side up when he takes me up

And Welcome!

Cool project how far along are you with it?

That sounds like Heaven.
I have a friend that owes me a ride in a Citabria. I have never been in one. He agreed to keep it right side up when he takes me up

And Welcome!

Thanks, Bryan! We've been very fortunate!

Jim

Ok, ok, I'm overcome by guilt. I think I posted something a year ago or so. :wink2:

39 yoa (unless my parents lied) 200 hr ppl, instrument. Based at KTYR, in a club with a 172 w/0360 eng, all steam gauges.

Professionally: radio broadcasting and production, advertising consultation, voiceover, photog, videog, writing and slum lord. (I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up and that's been ok so far).

Love WWII aviation history. Got to do a 30 min flight in Collings foundation p51 as part of a radio promotion a few years ago.

Thankful my wife understands the value to my sanity that is flying.

Don et al

If I haven't said it already, welcome Moe.

Professional lurker here, neat thread idea!

I don't post here very often, but I love to read about (and see fantastic images of) the adventures of the members on here. I'm a Canadian Private and Glider Pilot, but I haven't flown in over a year with the exception of trips across the country in shiny metal tubes. University has a terrible way of destroying my flying funds, and making any flying-related costs feel irresponsible and unjustifiable... What have I become!

Professional lurker here, neat thread idea!

I don't post here very often, but I love to read about (and see fantastic images of) the adventures of the members on here. I'm a Canadian Private and Glider Pilot, but I haven't flown in over a year with the exception of trips across the country in shiny metal tubes. University has a terrible way of destroying my flying funds, and making any flying-related costs feel irresponsible and unjustifiable... What have I become!

It will do that, but why let things like "responsible" use of funds stand in the way? :rofl:

Any lurkers wish to come out of the closet?
It is that time of year when people are flying a lot, people are learning, someone is lurking that has check-ride scheduled. I know who you are ;)

Speak up this board needs you.

Back