Holy Lurkers!

I would say based on limited experience, don't come for the food. Like Forrest Gump says, "You never know what you're gonna get." But do come to sit on the porch and meet some like minded locals. I understand that they will have build your own sandwiches rather than fire up the grill in the heat. I can't say what the hours are. I think you're safe to come between 12 and 2

Okay, we've penciled it in for tomorrow. If we make it (and right now the weather looks pretty good) we will give your FBO folks a packet of goodies that include some awesome discount coupons for the hotel.

Buddy up to whomever that is, if you want to save some bucks.

:)

Look for the red RV!

Excellent!

How long have you been flying and due to your location I gotta know if you have hit the hanger hotel yet?

I have been once and it was awesome. Going back in Oct with 2 planes and more family. Love that place.

And for what it is worth, we have folks near your area on the dfwpilots.com forum that try and meet up from time to time.

Welcome to another Texas Pilot!

We have not been to the Hangar Hotel yet and it is just a short hop for us. We will get there soon. Looks like Jay may join us in Bulverde tomorrow. Come one, come all, we'll have a good time.

probably can't make that but supposed to be cool next week.
Mrs 6PC and I may sneak down to Stephenville one evening.

probably can't make that but supposed to be cool next week.
Mrs 6PC and I may sneak down to Stephenville one evening.

Coordinate with me on this... TangoCharlie and I have been talking about reserving the Bonanza Wednesday and get some time with the new avionics.

Coordinate with me on this... TangoCharlie and I have been talking about reserving the Bonanza Wednesday and get some time with the new avionics.
Another friend mentioned flying to Stephenville for BBQ. Is that where y'all are heading? Let us know -- we are off this Wednesday,and can meet you there.!

We just got back from the Bulverde Airpark fly-in. What a great bunch!

We had a great time, enjoyed a beautiful, 55-minute flight from the island, had some great food, and met some really interesting and fun people.

Thanks, Steve, for posting the info. I suspect we will become regulars each month!

Jay, for local BBQ and flying, yes, KSEP is our usual destination. I want to do Coopers in Llano and Kreutz's and Smitty's in Lockhart someday.

Bryan, on our return, we need to see if TMS has thei big azz TV lit up. I see if it remains a big bight distraction for flight.

I usually stay in chat. The resident "experts" don't come to a place where their "intelligence" could be questioned.

Jay, for local BBQ and flying, yes, KSEP is our usual destination. I want to do Coopers in Llano and Kreutz's and Smitty's in Lockhart someday.

Bryan, on our return, we need to see if TMS has thei big azz TV lit up. I see if it remains a big bight distraction for flight.
Smitty's rocks.

(And I was just reading the history of the Tankawa Indians, and learned of a huge battle in Lockhart with the Comanche tribe. Suddenly, that tired old town has a lot more meaning for me.)

What restaurant do you recommend in KSEP?

Here are a few pix from our day at the Bulverde Airpark fly-in lunch. What a cool airport, and just a great bunch!

Mary talking to Doc:
10464106_707680135934550_5891792859481873212_n.jpg

The gang chows down. (That's Amelia, out on the ramp...)
10491148_707680219267875_1145444253882706739_n.jpg

Typical afternoon buildups. We climbed to 11,500' on the way home, to top them:
10418262_707680752601155_946512237929343918_n.jpg

Amelia, looking sharp on the Bulverde ramp:
10488242_707680252601205_6180047504582626467_n.jpg

BTW: We gave away $500+ worth of hotel discount coupons while we were there. If you want to score some, see Roxanne, the owner of the airpark! :)

It was a good day at Bulverde Airpark and it was good to meet Jay and Mary, too. We are planning to invade the Airport Hotel and Diner in Fredericksburg tomorrow. It's a free for all! We should be there by the crack of noon if the clouds lift.

Jay... Hard8, since the Squishy6 and the Semi-solid 7 have closed.

Thanks!

Though, from watching Bryan, it seems like there is a lot of memorization still left to do (air space, etc.), as well as some pretty stressful events (written, oral, check ride) between a few lessons and a PPL. I'm tough though; I could swing it. Just a lot to sign on for.

If you're interested* the knowledge stuff can be pretty easily picked up. The "stressful events" can't be avoided, but the stress can be mitigated (over prepare and the stress level decreases drastically).

There definitely are a few other things to learn/do, but looking back on my primary training the toughest part was learning to land. (I seriously considered giving up on learning to fly because I didn't think I'd ever figure it out.)

*It's really not something anyone else can decide for you. We'll all tell you to go for it, but it's futile unless/until you're interested enough to commit the time and energy.

No after I die, all aviation stuff will be sold off and the insurance money will be spent on a horse ranch.

By the way I forgot to mention, Dinner was great last night. Weird anti-freeze aftertaste but other than that. mmmmmm.

Saw her in another aviation forum and she was asking if the group thought her next husband would feel funny wearing your headset. Hmmmmmm might want to hire a food tester Bryan :D

Another friend mentioned flying to Stephenville for BBQ. Is that where y'all are heading? Let us know -- we are off this Wednesday,and can meet you there.!

We just got back from the Bulverde Airpark fly-in. What a great bunch!

We had a great time, enjoyed a beautiful, 55-minute flight from the island, had some great food, and met some really interesting and fun people.

Thanks, Steve, for posting the info. I suspect we will become regulars each month!

Let me know if ya'll work this out.

I just got approval from Mrs SixPapaCharlie to fly to Stephenville Wednesday.

Mike, confirm with TangoCharlie that Wed works and I'll track down TangoWhiskey and get it on the dfw board.

Mike, confirm with TangoCharlie that Wed works and I'll track down TangoWhiskey and get it on the dfw board.

Roger.... We also need to observe the effects of the cold front coming through about that time..

Hello.

I'll de-lurk.

Mini-Bio:

I'm 42 and work in the software industry. I've been lurking for quite some time.

I'm originally from Pennsylvania, but have been living in the Seattle area for the last 15 years or so.

I've always been interested in flying, but for various reasons I never pursued it until last fall when I took a discovery flight and decided I needed to do this. :)

I plan on starting my PPL this September, but I've already completed the Jeppesen online ground school, and am going through it all again in preparation for the written.

Welcome! I'm in Texas now, but originally from the Seattle-ish area, also in software, and about your age. Started my PP training at Paine Field, wrapped it up at Tacoma Narrows.

I thought the same thing, Bryan. Of course, I haven't been to a ton of FBOs, so maybe the nicer ones start to look alike.

I lurk a lot. Most of what I know about GA I learned from quizzing Bryan as he prepared for his written and from the times I don't zone out when he's droning on . . . I mean educating me about planes and flying. ;)

Seriously though, I've always enjoyed flying. Went up in a small plane when I was about 8, and I still remember quite a bit about that flight. My friend's dad made me float, and that was about the coolest feeling ever -cool enough to remember it for over 25 years later.

Married Bryan in 2000, and a few months in, he took me to an FBO in Tulsa to watch planes and said one day he was going to become a pilot. Took 13 years before he accomplished that, but it was pretty damn cool to see him reach his goal. And another cool thing happened: I found out I really enjoyed flying in small planes too!

I've had 1 real lesson, but Bryan teaches me something each time we go up. I am going to take lessons until I'm confident I can get us down safely should Bryan bite the big one up in the sky, and at that point, I'll decide if I want to go all the way with the PPL thing. (After I am comfortable landing, not after Bryan dies, just to clarify.)

It's a lot of time, energy, and expense, but I'd sure like to look -I mean be- like Martha King one day. :D

What time Wednesday? I probably won't make it... that's one of Mrs. Wiz' long work days, and she doesn't usually get home til 7pm or later, with an early start. And I'd want her to come along!

What time Wednesday? I probably won't make it... that's one of Mrs. Wiz' long work days, and she doesn't usually get home til 7pm or later, with an early start. And I'd want her to come along!

Weather Permitting, TangoCharlie (Tyler) and I will be there around 7:00.

And Troy, we're bringing 149G (the Bo) sporting it's new avionics (Aspen 1000, GTN750, PSE8000BT, and new overlay). Trevor at Tech Aero finally got finished and it looks very nice!

Weather Permitting, TangoCharlie (Tyler) and I will be there around 7:00.

And Troy, we're bringing 149G (the Bo) sporting it's new avionics (Aspen 1000, GTN750, PSE8000BT, and new overlay). Trevor at Tech Aero finally got finished and it looks very nice!

I'll see what I can do!! Weather permitting, Teresa and I might make it after all. Her long day got moved to Thursday.

Eren, will you be there, too? Always helps when there's other ladies for her to chat with.

I'll see what I can do!! Weather permitting, Teresa and I might make it after all. Her long day got moved to Thursday.

Eren, will you be there, too? Always helps when there's other ladies for her to chat with.

Heck yeah! Cool weather in July, good BBQ, and an excuse to fly? 6PC ain't allowed to go without me!!! ;):lol:

Please tell Teresa to come -as much as I like planes, some girl talk can be a nice distraction when you pilots get long-winded! :D

Heck yeah! Cool weather in July, good BBQ, and an excuse to fly? 6PC ain't allowed to go without me!!! ;):lol:

Please tell Teresa to come -as much as I like planes, some girl talk can be a nice distraction when you pilots get long-winded! :D

Roger, Wilco!

We have the Turbo Arrow (N533MC) reserved, let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather!

I'm not night current, nor have enough time in this plane to want to fly it after dark. Sunset is 8:35ish tomorrow, so we'll want to be airborne and headed back by 8:20 or so for the 30 minute flight back to KFTW. We do plan to try and be airborne by 6:30p to arrive ~ 7pm.

Alright, let's do it right and err on the side of caution.

I spoke to Mike. Seems playing it safe is smarter.
Dinner at KRBD which is pretty close to home.
I will be wheels up at 6:00

After dinner if weather is good I may see abut the DFW city tour. Always wanted to do that.

Alright, let's do it right and err on the side of caution.

I spoke to Mike. Seems playing it safe is smarter.
Dinner at KRBD which is pretty close to home.
I will be wheels up at 6:00

After dinner if weather is good I may see abut the DFW city tour. Always wanted to do that.
Sorry we couldn't make it Up North. Mary went and got new glasses, while I flew with my daughter up to Brenham for a tour of the Blue Belle ice creamery, and lunch at the on-field restaurant.

On the way home we ran into some of those pop-up storms you guys saw. They looked like this:

y6u5une3.jpg

And the EFIS looked like this:

ujemydes.jpg

Typical July weather!

Sorry we couldn't make it Up North. Mary went and got new glasses, while I flew with my daughter up to Brenham for a tour of the Blue Belle ice creamery, and lunch at the on-field restaurant.

On the way home we ran into some of those pop-up storms you guys saw. They looked like this:

y6u5une3.jpg

And the EFIS looked like this:

ujemydes.jpg

Typical July weather!

I had an opportunity to buy one share of Blue Bell.

They quoted me something in the range of $180,000.00.

That was four or five years ago ....

There are more of you out there.

"Currently Active Users: 1586 (328 members and 1258 guests)"

Who are you? :)

Back