Hold east on 270 radial?

mtuomi

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
dera
Saw this elsewhere but didn't want to 7500 that thread. How would you hold east on 270 radial if the fix is the VOR?

You sure the fix was the VOR and not a point on the radial?

You can't hold east of the VOR on the 270 degree radial but you can, for example, hold east of the 10 mile fix on the 270 degree radial of the VOR.

On another thread:

"Yep, that's how someone can hold East on a 270 radial...."

That got me asking...

On another thread:

"Yep, that's how someone can hold East on a 270 radial...."

That got me asking...
Did you get deep enough in the thread to find out if they meant at the VOR? As I mentioned, yes, you can hold east "on" a 270 radial. Just not "at" the VOR. If they meant "at" the VOR, I'd sure be interested in learning how.

If it's impossible, that's </thread>. That's all I wanted to know :)

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/why-is-the-plate-like-this.101734/
Post 21.
I think it was just a mistake on the part of the author.
Ah. Thanks for pointing out the thread.

No, I don't think the comment, which was kind of tossed in and really had nothing to do with the discussion, was a mistake. It was kind of what I suspected, but a non sequitur within the context of that discussion (holds weren't being discussed and the OP's question was answered in the first post).

I think it was pointing out that if the hold at AWEGA were an east/west hold with the inbound course of 092, it could be defined as a hold east of the 17.8 mile fix on the FMG 272 radial.

Back