HIMS

You're free to redact things to protect you, but HIPAA doesn't mandate do so. You are not a covered entity. Your doctors and their practices are (as is the FAA, though they don't give a hoot about obeying the law).

I'm new in this forum , I am in a desperate situation for an answer.

Put on hold because of pending FAA case.

Timeline

4/2019 -Renew 2nd class medical noted by AME fatty liver due to diet.

Advice to change diet and resubmit application.

7/2020- FAA responded , need 3 reference that its not alcohol related.Hired Leftseat to help me but not much that they can do.

1/2021 -FAA responded, wants CT scan of liver and stomach due to heterophoria, eye exam

3/2021 - FAA responded, wants Psychiatric evaluation and Neuropsychological Evaluation

10/2021 -submitted Psychiatric evaluation and Neuropsychological Evaluation

4/2022- FAA responded, wants follow-up on HIMS Neuropsychological Testing
Here is the mail.. erase the doctors name for HIPAA law

View attachment 106389

WHAT else they need... holding my life waiting
NOTE: Im not alcoholic, the fatty liver is consider "alcohol issue" in the FAA

I just want to be done in this process and need your advice how and who to go for help. Any route for commercial aviation degree? All I want is to fly.Please help ..shed some light

Thank you

unfortunately, this is all to common now. I feel like I have done anything and everything the faa has asked for and yet its a never ending journey. There's always more that they ask for. I have had 3 HIMS reports done recommending SI but the faa wants me to go through more testing and more costly hims stuff. I just don't understand why.

It would seem by the letter you posted that it's not just the liver, but at some point the neuropsych indicated cognitive issues and that is what they are asking for more testing on.

It would seem by the letter you posted that it's not just the liver, but at some point the neuropsych indicated cognitive issues and that is what they are asking for more testing on.
HIMS doc had high recommendation , no issue stated. He even ask what else I did not do.The letter was so vague, sound like a template to me being copy paste and send to all pending cases. What you all doing why waiting.. job wise

I'd go back to the HIMS neuropsych and see if he has any clue why they think he found something (or what he did find if he actually did report something). If he claims there's nothing adverse, perhaps the two of you can try the RFS office and see if they can help. Many years ago, I had an idiot AME who deferred me inappropriately and that got compounded by the reviewing doctor in Joklahoma city misreading the first sentence of the letter (let alone all the supporting information) that said that while the initial test indicated I might have something, they could not find any evidence on all the subsequent testing. The RFS decoded some random letters at the bottom of the letter and was able to put me in direct conversation with the reviewing doctor (this I couldn't believe). After a few minutes of discussion, he was satisfied and a few days later I got a weaselworded letter from the FAA granting my medical.

I'm new in this forum , I am in a desperate situation for an answer.

Put on hold because of pending FAA case.

Timeline

4/2019 -Renew 2nd class medical noted by AME fatty liver due to diet.

Advice to change diet and resubmit application.

7/2020- FAA responded , need 3 reference that its not alcohol related.Hired Leftseat to help me but not much that they can do.

1/2021 -FAA responded, wants CT scan of liver and stomach due to heterophoria, eye exam

3/2021 - FAA responded, wants Psychiatric evaluation and Neuropsychological Evaluation

10/2021 -submitted Psychiatric evaluation and Neuropsychological Evaluation

4/2022- FAA responded, wants follow-up on HIMS Neuropsychological Testing
Here is the mail.. erase the doctors name for HIPAA law

View attachment 106389

WHAT else they need... holding my life waiting
NOTE: Im not alcoholic, the fatty liver is consider "alcohol issue" in the FAA

I just want to be done in this process and need your advice how and who to go for help. Any route for commercial aviation degree? All I want is to fly.Please help ..shed some light

Thank you
You post and timeline are not clear. Did the AME diagnose you with fatty liver or was this an existing diagnosis? Same question for heterophoria and whatever cognitive and/or psychological issues. You listed the FAA responses, but not the substance of any of the information you provided to the FAA, which is probably key to answering your questions as to whether you'll be likely to obtain a medical. You understandably may not want to disclose that here, but that's really the only way someone can answer your questions. Have you discussed this with your AME?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back