HIMS study by National Academy of Science just out in pre-publication. Must Read!

bigbird

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
bigbird
By the way everyone ever involved in HIMS should read the congressionally mandated study just out by Senator Jeanne Shaheen's office in NH.
It is not out in print yet but an advanced copy is available here: https://nap.nationalacademies.org/c...-programs-in-commercial-aviation-safety-first
read the entire study carefully and you might be enlightened to just how far FAA and HIMS don't want any outside reviews of their practices.
The recommendations from the committee align current medical standards and not that of the FAA unpublished internal policies.
Check out.
Appendix C
Communications between the Committee and the FAA, HIMS,
ALPA, and Congressional Staff
as an example of the programs stonewalling techniques.
Also the incredibly low response from pilots to comment on the efficacy of HIMS was best addressed by their statement on page 5-12
"the committee never received indications that HIMS and
its administering organization, Air Line Pilots Association–International (ALPA), ever
distributed the link or sought pilot participation."

I hope that this brings lots of discussion and I urge all pilots that may have insight to share with the authors, to do so.
I have yet determined how best to submit my experiences to the committee.
I'll reach out to Senator Shaheen's office and publish the results shortly.
-t

if you end up getting that far and they interview you or document anything please let me know. I would love to share and many other people I know would love to share their experience in HIMS and the absolute mess that it is.

Back