Hilton Head Sea Plane intro flight recommendation

Jason608

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jason608
Hi Everyone
Going to Hilton Head for a long weekend and see there are a couple sea plane bases. I would like to use the chance to fly a sea plane. TO/Landing on the water sounds awesome. Any recommendations on someone to contact in the area? (450 hour IFR pilot, just want to fly more aircraft)

I don’t believe they have any sea plane training / rentals on Hilton Head and I think the sea plane bases are private. Anyway, in all the times I’ve flown around the island, I’ve never seen sea plane operating around there.

https://www.airnav.com/airport/2SC3

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I’m not finding much. I will be in Florida soon so I will check out Jack Browns. Capt. Geoff, thanks for the link, forest debris in the water is probably why there is not much scuba diving either.

I had expiring companion tickets and never have been to Hilton Head before, so now looking for stuff to do. Beach and golf look awesome.

Beach and golf are great there. Rent a bike and motor around; tons of trails.

If you like the crowds and tons of things to do, Hilton Head is great. Friendly airport, I think Uber is up and running (call and check), etc.

If you like a quiet, smaller place try Jekyll. Airport is friendly. You rent a golf cart at the airport to drive around the island / street legal. Much more bicycle friendly. Less attractions / things to do.

Back