High Performance Check Outs

Unitedcap

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unitedcap
Hey Guys ,
Im a new CFI and want to start giving HP check outs. Anyone have any good links on material for lessons? I cant find any ACs out there.

Airplane Flying Handbook Chapter 11 has some good information.

Sure it is. Go to www.faa.gov....AC's are available from the home page. Don't be deterred by the fact that the first one listed is 61-117...just scroll down to find 61-98.

Bob Gardner
...and when you click on the link you come to a page that describes the AC and informs the reader

This document's content is not currently available.​

I hear that can happen to those older ACs ;)

Make sure to not rob your students of pic time while getting checked out like many instructors do.

Make sure to not rob your students of pic time while getting checked out like many instructors do.
I'm not sure "robbery" is an apt description. The CFI who says, "I know what the rules are, I just choose to apply my own instead" is pretty rare.

To the extent it still happens, most of the CFIs who do it are simply ignorant.

As is the pilot who consents to it.

The only reason I say robbery is because some instructors are so stubborn that they don't know the difference between category, class and endorsed. Its pretty simple yet it gets messed up so frequently. I have seen more people refuse the pic time than those that do it correctly.

...and when you click on the link you come to a page that describes the AC and informs the reader

This document's content is not currently available.​

I hear that can happen to those older ACs ;)

My Summit Aviation Library CD has it in full. No free lunch, I guess.

Bob

What one has to learn to check out in such planes really hasn't changed since then, so that will still do just fine as a guide for what to cover.
You must be very, very old to think something from 1974 could possibly be relevant! :no:
angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

If you're just talking a straight high performance checkout (not complex), really isn't much to it.

Especially if it's fixed pitch or something, otherwise just teach em how to use the prop properly.

Does the student want to rent the plane after, or is this just a HP endorsement.

Back