Hi

bob_albertson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bob
Hey everyone, I’ve been out of the loop for a while with starting a family, job stuff, and life in general. I see where the red board was no more. I hope everyone is enjoying whatever flight time you can get.

How is everyone doing? Any new exciting things going on in anyone’s world?

I retired 4 years ago from Intel. More time to spoil grandkids, but I still don't seem to fly more than I did. Still traveling the globe for standards committee meetings.

Oh, we do make it to Hawaii for extended vacations a couple times a year now that we're both retired. I can't say a single bad thing about retirement. You have a long way to go, but it is a wonderful goal.

Adios Red Board. You were nice in your hay day. Too bad you were administered to extinction by AOPA.

Other than being based in Guam and enjoying tropical life the last few years, not much.

How’s Guam? Was stationed there 96-98 on the Frank Cable. Lot of time snorkeling. Some bike racing and scuba and a bit of roller hockey with locals. Married there also with another Cable gal. Still together 20+ years later.

Other than being based in Guam and enjoying tropical life the last few years, not much.
Did the FO flying to see his family in Little Rock ever say hello to you from me? It must have been a couple months back now, but he said he’s flown with you a bunch down there... he’s based there as well. I didn’t write down his name, lol. Super nice though.

How’s Guam? Was stationed there 96-98 on the Frank Cable. Lot of time snorkeling. Some bike racing and scuba and a bit of roller hockey with locals. Married there also with another Cable gal. Still together 20+ years later.
We love Guam. But frankly, due to circumstances beyond our control, we haven’t been able to do much of what we went there for yet. I think we will be able to remedy that starting this next year.

Did the FO flying to see his family in Little Rock ever say hello to you from me? It must have been a couple months back now, but he said he’s flown with you a bunch down there... he’s based there as well. I didn’t write down his name, lol. Super nice though.
I haven’t heard from anyone yet, but I haven’t been through Operations much the last few months. Since Saipan is not considered an international flight, there is no requirement to go to Ops first. I have been doing a lot of Saipan lately. That and being on vacation the last few weeks...

Back