Hey Maint - Wheels chocked and brake set?

A) How is this news? Driving a car through a fence barely gets the cops to show up, much less a reporter.
B) What difference would it have made if someone had drawn the outline of the airplane on the ramp with chalk?

A) How is this news? Driving a car through a fence barely gets the cops to show up, much less a reporter.
B) What difference would it have made if someone had drawn the outline of the airplane on the ramp with chalk?
Drive a multimillion dollar car through a fence and see if it makes the news. Looks like the two cranes needed for the recovery sorta drew some attention to the site also.

Isn't maint 101 to secure your airplane before you start engine work? Knowing it requires an engine run test should require a double check.

Could have been so much worse.

$23M aircraft, and Buffet owned. That is what makes news.

Because cars run through fences everyday and there is nothing sensational about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course everybody (especially "journalists") knows there are only two parts of an airport outside the terminal: (1) Runway and (2) Tarmac. Don't you know anything about aviation???

o_O

They didn't "chaulk" it... Once upon a time, editors could spell.

Do the planes actually "belong" to NetJets? I thought they were all fractional ownership?

You are right. Cars drive through a fence, no news there. But this plane "crashed" through the fence. It's all about the details.....

Note that the first thing they did is tape paper over the N-number. I suspect that while Netjets handles the plane, it's fractionally owned by four private entities.

Of course, there's always this one:

b0585bc946a15bb0f66f2b9b943664c0--toulouse-france-jet-plane.jpg

I am amazed that thing didn't jump the chock and squish that dude like a bug.
I am continually surprised how good chocks are at holding aircraft in place. Nose down on an incline with even one chock and the whole jet just sits there happily. Of course I put 2 because Murphy isn't nice. Especially with a fuel truck parked in front.

Back