Hey all. I'm new to the forum and would like to say hello.

Nomax

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
John
My name is John, I'm a young, healthy sixty five year old who has just retired recently and suddenly found quite a bit of free time on my hands. I'm centrally located on Long Island, N.Y. nearest to MacArthur Airport (KISP). I've always loved aviation for as long as I can remember from building and flying model airplanes to flying on MS flight sim since the beginning. If there is a Pilot in my area that wouldn't mind a hanger mate to talk aviation, help with basic maintenance and to tag along in the right seat on occasion, Hit Me Up!!!

Thanks all!

Hey there, John. I'm not in NY, but do welcome you to the forum. Good Flying! - Russ

Cheers from San Diego.

Hola from Chattanooga

Welcome, John! Located in south central PA, but I fly PC12s and PA46s for work and end up on Long Island every now and then. Spent a night at ISP just a few weeks ago.

Welcome, John! Located in south central PA, but I fly PC12s and PA46s for work and end up on Long Island every now and then. Spent a night at ISP just a few weeks ago.
Hi Arbiter419, thanks. Sounds like you have a great job flying those beautiful Piper airplanes. I hope the FBO was good to you there at ISP. When I was working, I spent many hours of down time at the airport watching the planes take off and land. Flying has always been just out of my reach. Continued success in your flying career and if your ever laid over at ISP again and have a few extra minutes, I'd love a five cent tour of that beautiful plane. And thanks again for the welcome.

From Dallas, Texas - Howdy!

Wish I was up there to take you flying - I used to spend my every summer in eastern Long Island (Water Mill) - had a rich Godfather. It was fun.

Hi John, I'm just across the pond from you in Chester, CT though I don't get down there much. Some busy airports and airspace around you! If you're near MacArthur you're near Bayport Aerodrome, which is only 3 miles south... if you like old airplanes you should definitely check it out.

Last edited:
From Dallas, Texas - Howdy!

Wish I was up there to take you flying - I used to spend my every summer in eastern Long Island (Water Mill) - had a rich Godfather. It was fun.
Hey SCCutler, thanks for the welcome. I hope grandad left you enough for new wings! Hope you enjoyed your time on Long Island. It’s kind of like a hidden gem especially in the summer. There must be some great flying over there in the Dallas area. If you’re ever back in east sometime please let me know. Thanks.

Hi John, I'm just across the pond from you in Chester, CT though I don't get down there much. Some busy airports and airspace around you! If you're near MacArthur you're near Bayport Aerodrome, which is only 3 miles south... if you like old airplanes you should definitely check it out.
Hi Dana,
Yes, is that the grass field just south of MacArthur? I see high wings doing T&G’s over there all the time. Landed there many time in MSFS, lol. I thought it was a private field. I’ll have to try to get over there and check it out. Thanks Dana.

Again I want to say hello to all. It just goes to show just how great the aviation community is and how nice it is to be welcomed by you all from all over this great country of ours!!!! Thanks again.

Greetings and welcome!
I have fond memories of ISP... I got stuck there due to weather for four days once. It was awkward calling my boss each day to say, "Uhhh... Won't be coming into the office... again... still raining here." This was back before I was instrument rated.
I also remember landing there and having ATC instruct a Southwest jet to hold short of the runway as I staggered down final in a 152. I was a relatively new pilot and it was the first time I'd really "mixed it up with big jets" and I remember wondering what the Southwest captain thought of having to wait for my little spam can.

Greetings and welcome!
I have fond memories of ISP... I got stuck there due to weather for four days once. It was awkward calling my boss each day to say, "Uhhh... Won't be coming into the office... again... still raining here." This was back before I was instrument rated.
I also remember landing there and having ATC instruct a Southwest jet to hold short of the runway as I staggered down final in a 152. I was a relatively new pilot and it was the first time I'd really "mixed it up with big jets" and I remember wondering what the Southwest captain thought of having to wait for my little spam can.
Hi kath,
I’m sure Southwest didn’t mind it all all since the 152’s are doing pattern work on a daily basis. Sorry about the rain.. lol Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Dana,
Yes, is that the grass field just south of MacArthur? I see high wings doing T&G’s over there all the time. Landed there many time in MSFS, lol. I thought it was a private field. I’ll have to try to get over there and check it out. Thanks Dana.
Yes, that's the one, but no, it's not private. I don't think they allow T&Gs, though, they have a funky traffic pattern due to the surrounding airspace, no closed traffic. Lotsa biplanes and other antiques.

Hey Dana, yes I used to see biplanes and high wings landing there while driving to and from work on Sunrise Hwy. I discovered it one day when a Cessna came across the highway very low, I thought it was going down in the woods till I saw more planes doing the same. Finally I looked on Google Earth and saw the field. What do you fly and how do you like flying in CT.?

What do you fly and how do you like flying in CT.?

CT is ok, not much complex airspace to deal with. Mostly forest, not a lot of good forced landing options. I fly a Hatz Biplane, most of my flying buddies fly bush planes or old taildraggers.

Back