Here's your chance buy an Icon

Probably wise to wait till it's delivered.

I'm having a difficult time reconnoitering the math in that offer. What exactly is he asking a buyer to do?

Selling for $50k above "retail". That would be a pretty healthy profit on a $100k investment.

Selling for $50k above "retail". That would be a pretty healthy profit on a $100k investment.

Sure, but what was the risk of the $100k investment? I suspect there will be plenty more early positions going up for sale.

I'm having a difficult time reconnoitering the math in that offer. What exactly is he asking a buyer to do?

I think his math is off. As I would expect, you'd pay him $150k now, and $147 to the company on delivery of the plane.

It looks like he's trying to make $50k profit on his early position. That's a common thing to do with Ferraris, I don't know if it will work for this.

50K profit for a slot on an airplane.

Is there a demand to get it sooner? He must think so.

No thanks.

No thanks.

Well if you can get sooner, and the list price goes up, it might not be a bad deal.

And some people just don't like waiting. of course the "never buy the A model of anything" also applies.

I guess I thought the "Founders Edition" model would cost MORE, but I'm ignorant to new airplane things. I'd never be able to afford one at half the price, even though I'm almost there with the Archer now lol.

I'm position 37..... I will do the deal 10k cheaper......

Any takers?

I'm kidding....I will have fun for about 100 hrs....and then sell it 10k cheaper than the guy on barnstormers is asking.

I think his math is off. As I would expect, you'd pay him $150k now, and $147 to the company on delivery of the plane.

Why does he say his net out of pocket is 197 :dunno:

NEVER prepay anything. If you want an amphib like that, get a Lake. Or some other lightweight amphib. There are plenty around.

Their newsletter came out today. Said they in production and are going to deliver 100 aircraft next year. Take it with a grain of salt. :)

Here's the actual text from the newsletter:

"ICON is on track to meet its customer delivery commitments, which include more than 100 aircraft next year. In August, ICON began relocating to its new Vacaville, California, headquarters, which consist of two 140,000-square-foot main buildings and several peripheral ones as well. A5 aircraft are now being produced using a temporary 6-station flow, while the permanent 19-station production line is completed. The finalized production facility will be capable of performing composite bonding, painting, sanding, and all assembly. It will be operational early next year. The facility is on Vacaville's historic Nut Tree Airport, which has been in operation for 60 years."

NEVER prepay anything. If you want an amphib like that, get a Lake. Or some other lightweight amphib. There are plenty around.

Not with folding wings that I can secure on the deck of a boat, or put in a container or trailer for cheap shipping globally. A lot of really rich people wanted one of these, and they were willing to pony up $100k (they've lost more in an hour at the craps table) to make sure it would happen.

No thanks.

Maybe the first 15 or 20. Most of these guys have already been sitting on this for years and if they have to wait till next season to have it wont fuss them.

The more I read the ad, the more I get confused.

If the guy has $100K in the airplane, why is he getting paid 197? If he wants to make a 50K profit, wouldn't the "buyer" just pay him for the deposit and the 50K, for a total of 150?

I've never been good at math.

Holy Crap!

Who knew??? I'm in.

.watermarked_4e84897c4a19e8a98626b730a1f8512c.jpg

The more I read the ad, the more I get confused.

If the guy has $100K in the airplane, why is he getting paid 197? If he wants to make a 50K profit, wouldn't the "buyer" just pay him for the deposit and the 50K, for a total of 150?

I've never been good at math.

As I said, none of it makes any sense to me either. If the buyer takes over his 100k deposit for 197k won't he still owe Icon 147k at delivery? I'm not that bad at math, it adds up to 344k out of buyer's pocket. So why does the add say 297k?

I'm not going to waste his time, but the thought is amusing.

In all honesty I would love to know what he was drinking when he put his numbers together. I could use some:)

Back