Here I sit....

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
Company travel guidance was to arrive at Ben Gurion airport at least 3 hours before flight time. Taxi was early, drive was shorter than expected, so I arrived 3 1/2 hours before flight time. Security was a breeze (compared with what I was told to expect if they got picky). I'm sitting in the lounge in the concourse waiting for my 4:45 AM boarding time for my flight to Frankfurt. Isn't international travel fun? No sleep tonight.

Elon (Armageddon Aviator) suggested a place to eat and drink in Haifa that turned out to be about a 10 minute walk from my hotel. Here's one to you, friend. I went to the Bear Pub twice, the food was so good. Thanks for the suggestion. We'll have to get together when the opportunity comes up in the future.

I hope Lufthansa is on time. There's only an hour between my scheduled arrival at FRA and the departure of my flight to PDX. I don't want to miss it.

Your lucky I was millimeters away from the rubber glove treatment there a couple of weeks ago. I got to my plane 10 minutes before boarding and I had arrived there 2.5 hours before the flight.

For all the good it did to be early. We pulled away from the gate 40 minutes late. I only had 1 hour scheduled between flights in Frankfurt. I'm writing this from home. I made the connection. My bag did not. It will be delivered late tomorrow afternoon. Lufthansa had a bus at our plane to take us to the connecting flight(s). I hate it when I get paged in Customs by the airline...

Back