Her career is toast....

Fifty-eight is kinda young for a Delta FA isn't it?

Fifty-eight is kinda young for a Delta FA isn't it?

Except she wasn't a Delta FA, she worked for Chautauqua. 58 and walking the aisles of an RJ would drive anyone to drink. That's some major tolerance though; I wonder how many airplane bottles that took?

I imagine that once I got to .13 or .14 I'd be passed out after puking . . . to imagine a woman twice that - and still walking? Wow. . .

I have one of the BAC meters here in the house - if someone I have served looks out of it I ask them "how high they think they can blow and still be walking?" When they say they feel fine I say blow anyway, aren't you curious?

If they are over they get a ride home - everyone gets a good laugh, no one gets insulted and the reality hits the next day. . . most of friends usually now ASK where the meter is . . . . cause when sober they realize the reality of what could be.

Keep in mind it is a breathalyzer. Blow on it right after you've pounded a shot, and watch it climb through the roof.

what career?....

In her defense, I mean, she DID blow a .258 and then tried to get to work. That's some dedication on her part LOL. If I blew a .258, I'd probably look like this guy-------->

That's impressive. Probably not a world record, but I bet it's the high score for a FA.

0.258? That's:

• Stupor
  • Loss of understanding
  • Impaired sensations
  • Possibility of falling unconscious

• Severe motor impairment
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Memory blackout

One can only wonder how she managed to get herself to the airport. My guess is that to have that much alcohol tolerance, she must be long-term heavy-use alcoholic, whom you'd think they'd have identified long ago.

One of my deputy friends told me of a guy who blew .43 and was making perfectly rational conversation with the cops.

Only in the U.S. and a few European countries is it a "career". Elsewhere they're hired for a two or three year contract and then that's it.

I was curious, so I googled "average flight attendant age"

one of the first hits was AARP :rofl:

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/02/28/this-fact-about-flight-attendants-may-surprise-you/

Since 1980 the median age of flight attendants has increased from 30 to 44.

The bureau found that about one in five flight attendants — 21.4 percent — were 55 or older. In fact, there were slightly more 55-and-older flight attendants than there were under the age of 25 (20.7 percent).

I wonder what it is if you remove the males from the statistics.

I bet her and Toronto Mayor Rob Ford party together eh.

By SAC AIR
Keep in mind it is a breathalyzer. Blow on it right after you've pounded a shot, and watch it climb through the roof.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Talk to any breathalyzer operator and he will tell you different,

Dale

Except she wasn't a Delta FA, she worked for Chautauqua. 58 and walking the aisles of an RJ would drive anyone to drink. That's some major tolerance though; I wonder how many airplane bottles that took?

All of them.

"On behalf of Alcoholic -- er, I mean Allegheny -- I'd like to welcome you aboard Flight 258 to Boozetown -- uh, BOSTON . . !"

Oh come on. Only pilot should be able to work drunk.

There is a breathalyzer machine bolted to the wall by the main entrance of the NAS Fallon O'club. I'm sure the original intent was to provide patrons with an easy way to determine if they were legal & safe to drive home, but since most visiting aircrew are simply walking 2-3 blocks to get "home" at the end of a good Fri/Sat night, it is really just an entertainment piece. From that experience, I can attest to a .15-.20 being drunk but still pretty coherent and able to carry out conversation and walk under one's own power easily. I'm sure it affects everyone differently, but I don't think many people are a drunken mess at that level. I'd imagine a .25 or whatever would be pretty visually apparent though, and probably getting sick and having trouble walking.

There is a breathalyzer machine bolted to the wall by the main entrance of the NAS Fallon O'club. I'm sure the original intent was to provide patrons with an easy way to determine if they were legal & safe to drive home, but since most visiting aircrew are simply walking 2-3 blocks to get "home" at the end of a good Fri/Sat night, it is really just an entertainment piece.

Knowing some of those guys over there, I'm pretty sure that they keep track of the numbers, and there are competitions to be on the top line.

Knowing some of those guys over there, I'm pretty sure that they keep track of the numbers, and there are competitions to be on the top line.

If you can't win at fighter dice, you can probably at least have a shot at being the BAC king :)

Only a true chautauquanaut can have that kind of tolerance. 40+ years of RJ service would do that to anybody lol

Back