Henry Arms .22 w/ Brick

akpilot907

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
citabriav8tr
I found a private seller offering a .22LR style lever action with a brick (500rnds) for $300... Good deal?

Sounds pretty close (w/o the brick) to what Cabela's is advertising now.

Correction - Cabela's is better at about $259 right now.

Last edited:
Gander Mountain is the one I avoid.

True...they are even worse. I will admit that while the Bass Pro near me (Ft Lauderdale / S FL) seems overpriced...while the one I just visited in Indiana was better. But like you said...Gander is bad, but then again so are most of the gun stores around me.

Either way...I buy everything from Buds. Great service and sent to a trusty local FFL that has very reasonable rates.

Good luck ordering online without one (assuming you aren't an FFL)

;).

Actually there are a lot if people that will do them for 10-20 bucks, so it more than makes up for the tax savings

;).

Actually there are a lot if people that will do them for 10-20 bucks, so it more than makes up for the tax savings

Fair enough. For the very little difference in price, I think I'd prefer to handle the firearm prior to purchase. You aren't getting that much better of a deal to buy it online.

Does it have the octagon barrel? Do you know the model number? Depending on which one it is, it could vary by several hundred bucks. If it is the basic one. They can be had for around $300 brand new. Of course you don't get 500 rounds with it. If it was slightly used I would probably go for it.

Last edited:
good luck on the $25 for a brick of .22lr. Just paid $77 for 500 high quality CCI rounds a couple months ago. .22lr is basically impossible to find right now.........Wally world may advertise $25 for 500 rounds, just try and actually get it......they are all cleaned out. There are guys all over the country that meet the trucks and buy all the ammo they can, and then re-sell it on Ebay.........

Why ask? It is a 22 rifle you either have one or need one. Or want another one.

Back