Henning's mom

If you don't mind my asking, I believe you said your pop was still alive a while back. He doing ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't mind my asking, I believe you said your pop was still alive a while back. He doing ok?

No, not particularly, my sister and I are moving him from their old apartment to one of the assisted living villas here. My sister found them a really good place. I'm not certain it has fully sunk in yet with him, I had to tell him 4 times today why mom wasn't with us.:(

No, not particularly, my sister and I are moving him from their old apartment to one of the assisted living villas here. My sister found them a really good place. I'm not certain it has fully sunk in yet with him, I had to tell him 4 times today why mom wasn't with us.:(

Sorry to hear, man.

Nope, but beliefs are irrelevant.

This is true...no matter what you believe....just remember....

If you had a good life...or even a bad one...we have the privilege of being conscious of it...which is an awesome right of being human.

Last edited:
This is true...no matter what you believe....just remember....

If you had a good life...or even a bad one...we have the privilege of being conscious of it...which is an awesome right of being human.

It's not a right, it's a responsibility.

Henning, I missed this news, both here and on Facebook. So very sorry for your loss. How'd dad take the news? 52+ years is a long time to be married... Good for them.

Sorry to hear of your families loss.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Henning, I missed this news, both here and on Facebook. So very sorry for your loss. How'd dad take the news? 52+ years is a long time to be married... Good for them.

Well, yesterday I had to tell him 4 times, today I told him 3, it seems to stick for about 45 seconds.:(

Well, yesterday I had to tell him 4 times, today I told him 3, it seems to stick for about 45 seconds.:(

:-( that's sad. In some ways, it's comforting that he doesn't know / comprehend. The pain of the loss may be too much for him to bear.

I know that routine........ tough stuff, nothing to do but be there for him.....

:-( that's sad. In some ways, it's comforting that he doesn't know / comprehend. The pain of the loss may be too much for him to bear.

It's a double edged sword, because you can see it hit him every time, and he keeps looking for her. You can't make it through the seven stages of loss if you can't make it past the first.:sad:

It's a double edged sword, because you can see it hit him every time, and he keeps looking for her. You can't make it through the seven stages of loss if you can't make it past the first.:sad:

Henning,
Please -Give your father some relief instead of "groundhog day" grief.

I am not an advocate of telling "little white lies", but I would recommend going on with life where he is concerned and only address it if he brings it up.

Henning,
Please -Give your father some relief instead of "groundhog day" grief.

I am not an advocate of telling "little white lies", but I would recommend going on with life where he is concerned and only address it if he brings it up.

When he constantly looks for her and asks for her, it makes it difficult.

Henning, man, I know it is tough...on so many levels.

My condolences on the loss of your mother...

Reading these posts about your father really do stir my soul...

A picture with a little memorial card may help, it helps/ed with the people I know who have dementia.

Yeah, when we get him moved back over here in his new apartment, we'll have a little service, hopefully it will be long enough to penetrate his short term memory long enough to keep it there until he gets to sleep and maybe it will transfer to long term, so we're going to do an evening service.

Back