Help with Aviation Book or Guide Ideas

StingerAviation

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
StingerAviation
Hi Everyone, Im new here. I'm a relatively new instrument pilot in a PA28-181. I have found one of the best ways I learn is by picking a new topic that I research and turn into a cheat sheet or guide book. Do you all know of anything that my be interesting to other pilots? I want to tread lightly as i'm not a CFI.
Some of the ideas I've kicked around include: Training with Foreflight on your Ipad (how to practice and get used to foreflight before getting in the plane), Where to start with weather (there are so many different options for getting weather on your phone it is overwhelming), History of Aviation in certain areas of the country.

This might be of interest and help.

Find via: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0963197320/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_vaxBCbZZZHB5A

512kHbdl5rL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If I understand the OP correctly, he wants to write a book, not read one, and is looking for ideas and topic of stuff we might be interested in reading about.

Advanced weather,

Like you’re IMC, heading north temp is 5c with winds from the west at 15kts, as you go further winds change to off your nose and the temp starts to drop, what’s going on?

Symptoms of tailplane ice and how to deal with it on the ground and in the air.

Reading winds without a windsock or ASOS

Hydroplaning, when and why, good and bad

Trending altimeter settings

Reading radar and angles, what means what for what airplane

Using soundings to figure cloud bases and tops

Hot weather ops, old weather ops, marine area ops and cloud cover

Etc

Ideally use actual flights to point out these situations and get into depth on the weather and how it could have been read better

If I understand the OP correctly, he wants to write a book, not read one, and is looking for ideas and topic of stuff we might be interested in reading about.
Okay. But it's a crowded bit of airspace already.....

I would venture a guess that most people writing aviation instructional books are not a relatively new pilot. And as Aggiemike wrote, it is a crowded field. It also has a relatively small audience. You would really need a way to stand out.

I would venture a guess that most people writing aviation instructional books are not a relatively new pilot.
I would agree with this.

The books that I have read, enjoyed, and got valuable information from were all authored by pilots who had multitudes of thousands of hours.

Back