Help with an manufacturing assignment

Kyles

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
kylesin
Hey y’all. I’m a college student looking for someone to help with an assignment. I am supposed to reach out and interview someone who works as in the engine, airframe, or systems manufacturing industry. This is very informal so feel free to respond with as little or as much detail as you would like.
1. What are your responsibilities?
2. What is an average working day like? Is there much variety from week to week or month to month?
3. What are your greatest satisfactions and deepest frustrations with your job?
4. What kind of people do well in your line of work? Are any special qualifications or training needed?
5. How do you feel about future job opportunities in the industry?
6. What are the typical entry-level jobs and typical career paths?
7. What salary does the average person make after 5, 10, and 15 years in the field?
8. Do you have any suggestions for other people to whom I should talk?”

Last edited:
Hey y’all. I’m a college student looking for someone to help with an assignment. I am supposed to reach out and interview someone who works as in the engine, airframe, or systems manufacturing industry. This is very informal and could be done on email or direct messages and shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes of your time. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll send you the questions.
I'm not in that field, but I suggest you post your question and see what kind of responses you get.

I have no idea what you are talking about and don't work in that industry but here are seven paragraphs on the subject...

Just thought that I would be first :)

I’m the chief manufacturing engineer on the engines for the F35 program at Pratt and Whitney. If you message me the list of questions I wouldn’t mind answering them.

I'm not sure if you're looking solely for folks involved in aviation related manufacturing but my primary source of income comes from engine engineering/manufacturing for off road applications. I also do aircraft maintenance on the side. PM me if I can be of help.

Back