Help us fly!

I do believe that if Americans really thought a lot more about giving money for helping others, we could help many people. Of course it would be far and few, but would make a difference in some lives. We have over 300 million people in this country. If just a million gave 1 dollar a month, that is one million in charity every month that could be handed out to the deserving, or those in need.

I do believe a lot of people do not realize how just a little can make a world difference. It just takes a lot of people to contribute a little.

We live in a crummy old house on a little airpark. All 3 vehicles are old, both airplanes are old I need 2,500,000 to up grade. Please contribute. Minimum donations of 5,000 will recieve a personally signed thank you card.

I do believe that if Americans really thought a lot more about giving money for helping others, we could help many people. Of course it would be far and few, but would make a difference in some lives. We have over 300 million people in this country. If just a million gave 1 dollar a month, that is one million in charity every month that could be handed out to the deserving, or those in need.

I do believe a lot of people do not realize how just a little can make a world difference. It just takes a lot of people to contribute a little.

Of course the challenge is identifying the truly needy. There's nothing wrong with giving a man a fish. I'd rather teach him to fish.

Do you have any idea how much is donated by Americans on a monthly basis?

Of course the challenge is identifying the truly needy. There's nothing wrong with giving a man a fish. I'd rather teach him to fish.

I hear you. That is my thought. There would obviously be people out there who take advantage of the system. Just because you teach someone how to fish, does not mean they will have the means to catch them.

I hear you. That is my thought. There would obviously be people out there who take advantage of the system. Just because you teach someone how to fish, does not mean they will have the means to catch them.

:dunno: What you teach them IS the means. :dunno:

Do you have any idea how much is donated by Americans on a monthly basis?

No, but I know there are plenty of people who give nothing. I know there are people who say they have nothing to give, as they pick up a four pack of red bull for $10.

:dunno: What you teach them IS the means. :dunno:

I don't know if we are getting to off topic here? Probably.
A low income single Mom who is trying to better her life for her kids, may not be able to because that would require a second job. Which she may not be able to do because she needs to watch her kids. She could get a babysitter, if she can afford it. If she had a little financial charity, she might be able to afford to take classes.
I'm just saying. Maybe you can teach them how to manage? Even that takes some funding as well. Some charity to help set up a venue for a group to come for you to teach them.

What gets me are the people who want you to give money so they can go do some awesome activity (climb Kilimanjaro, hike the alps, bike across the US, etc.) to "raise awareness" for some cause.

So if everyone donates to buy me an airplane it will help raise awareness for some cause I haven't made up yet. :wink2:

So, if 10 grand gets you helicopter tour and a dinner, doesn't that mean he's getting compensated? There's no way in hell would anyone be able to get CPL helicopter with 10k

There's nothing wrong with giving a man a fish. I'd rather teach him to fish.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Along those same lines...

Do you know why you always take TWO Baptists fishing with you?

Because if you take one then he'll drink all your beer!

Well, just for interest sake I did click on the donate button. Unfortunately the minimum donation is $1. I probably could have sprung for a penny or two. I briefly considered the $1, but could find no assurances that this $1 would in fact be used for flight training. I was concerned it would end up in a beer fund, so I ultimately decided not to do it.

;)

Email Dave Ramsey ..I bet he will be glad to help you

That being said, you clearly have a passion for flying and a desire to get your tickets...

It appears to me that our young freeloader has minimal desire to become a pilot. True ambition to accomplish a goal entails work and sacrifice.

I would like donations of approx $80,000 a year. I don't like my job very much, and I find it a real inconveience to get up and go everyday. I'm not really a fan of my bosses, yes plauredl, I have 20. The people I work with they are OK, but nothing I would really miss. So if you guys can contribute that sum yearly, I can get up and do what I want all day. I will instruct though, I do enjoy that. But I just don't want to work and I need my daily living to reamin the same. Thank You all for your support.

Back