Help us fly!

photoeditor

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Sal
I wanted to start this thread for pilots to help pilots/students in regards to funding. I know that once I've got all of my certificates, I will be back here helping others achieve their dream of flight!

I've started a go fund me page for anybody that wants to support my lifes goal.
http://www.gofundme.com/newpilot

Thanks guys
-Sal

:heli:

Welcome to PoA -- there is a lot to learn here and a lot of people to answer questions. That said, I think you'll have better luck figuring out how to earn your own money and your own flight time then just asking for people to give it to you.

I'm taking up a collection to help fund my annual next month on my plane. I know you all would feel much better about yourselves by funding my dream in continuing to own an aircraft. I promise I'll go out and do honorable things with it like flying Young Eagles once they pay 50 percent of the operating costs. :)

I wanted to start this thread for pilots to help pilots/students in regards to funding. I know that once I've got all of my certificates, I will be back here helping others achieve their dream of flight!

Thanks guys
-Sal

Are you going to fund other aspiring pilots dreams once you get all your certificates? :rofl:

The left engine on the 310 is coming due in about 150 hours...the prop will get done as well......15K ought to do it. Thanks. :dunno:

You're getting a new left engine and prop on a 310 for $15,000?

Wait a minute, I want my dibs too. The autopilot is out plus I'd really like a panel mount GPS.

Thanks guys
-Sal

You Are Something Else! WOW

Hey, I just found a sweet deal on an RV-7a kit. Buy it for me and I promise I'll take you for a ride in it when it's done. Honest. Oh, and I'll need an IO-360, too. Thanks.

The guy at this number gives away phones, has a payment support plan for mortgages, gives money to green business right before they go bankrupt, and will take from people that work their ass off and give it to those that won't. Give him a call, he might be able to help before he leaves in January.

202-456-1414

Welcome to PoA -- there is a lot to learn here and a lot of people to answer questions. That said, I think you'll have better luck figuring out how to earn your own money and your own flight time then just asking for people to give it to you.

:yeahthat:

I really could use some new wheels and tires for the Flybaby...

:popcorn:

When I was young, my dad told me "If you never ask, you'll never know. The worst they can say is 'no.'"

Whenever these threads pop up, I think about that quote and chuckle...they can say much worse than "no" :).

That being said, you clearly have a passion for flying and a desire to get your tickets...good luck and I really hope you achieve your goals. I'd say work hard for them, though...handouts are the easy way out.

Why even bother to fund the training? Why not just cut to the chase and ask the DPE for a free PPL signoff?

I'm really worried about funding my HP + Complex + IR.

This thread is giving me ideas. I think I will write a tell-all book about how to fund flight training and use it to fund my flight training.

The guy at this number gives away phones, has a payment support plan for mortgages, gives money to green business right before they go bankrupt, and will take from people that work their ass off and give it to those that won't. Give him a call, he might be able to help before he leaves in January.

202-456-1414

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

When I was young, my dad told me "If you never ask, you'll never know. The worst they can say is 'no.'"

Whenever these threads pop up, I think about that quote and chuckle...they can say much worse than "no" :).

:yeahthat:

:popcorn:

Some might in fact tell you to go fund yourself.

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."
- James 4:3

Thanks guys
-Sal

Haha wow, the "Gold Level" requires a $10K donation, but you get a helicopter tour for 2-3 people and a free dinner! "A" for effort dude, good luck! :wink2:

http://www.airforce.com/contact-us/recruiter-locator/

They will pay for your training, and pay you while you are training. There are a few additional requirements and you will have a post training commitment.

They don't accept everybody either, just sayin not everybody that wants a flying slot in the Armed Services gets one. However, the job they give you will pay for your PP flight training at least and all of it if that is what you set your goal.

BTW, If I was going Helo I would go Army Warrant Officer program, they probably fly more than any and it transitions right into Reserve jobs.

The military services also require a much higher standard for flight qualification... their eyesight requirements, for example, are far stricter than the FAA requires. Were that not the case, and were I not born about a century before LASIK, I might have taken a very different path. That said, I strongly encourage anyone over the age of 18 to enlist for a hitch or two. Or more. Nothing builds character quite like a few years in uniform.

Admins, could you please create a a new forum called "Street Corner" and write a script to parse posts to see if it contains "gofundme.com", if so, it's automatically moved there? You could also automatically add all the responses from previous posts to save the original poster the trouble of waiting for responses (that takes time and initiative to wait for and check them all, time and initiative that OP obviously doesn't have)?

I'm starting my web page to fund my next squawk list come guys send me some mula. :lol:

BTW welcome aboard
and a tip you don't pick ppls pockets on the first post :nono::rofl:

This guy sucks!

This is just the generation of "everyone is a winner".

When we were children, if we lost the baseball game we didnt get a snowcone. Coach told us we sucked that day and we practiced to get it together.

Nowdays, everyone is a winner and expects to be handed the keys to the world.

This is just the generation of "everyone is a winner".

When we were children, if we lost the baseball game we didnt get a snowcone. Coach told us we sucked that day and we practiced to get it together.

Nowdays, everyone is a winner and expects to be handed the keys to the world.

You're one of the winners of the post of the second award! Congrats!

trophy-300x271.jpg

Thanks guys
-Sal

That's bold. Honestly, its a slap in the face to those of us who have had to put off this flying stuff a time or three but found a way to make it work. :mad2:

I just had to get a new fuel pump in my plane at roughly $5000, a week later my prop control cable broke costing about $1000 to fix. I did not plan on these happening and was saving money planning to upgrade panel. since I used up all my accessory funds, please donate to me instead. Because this luck is not fair

"I have the motivation, persistence, education, and faith, all I need is that extra boost."

If 96 thousand dollars is a boost I don't want to know what a kick in the pant is.

He got $20 yesterday donated.

I guess even one donation makes the site a success.

If he was an active member here before he begged for cash, I might feel differently about it. Creating an account to beg for money from people you've never cared to interact with before, to me, classifies as spam.

I just had to get a new fuel pump in my plane at roughly $5000, a week later my prop control cable broke costing about $1000 to fix. I did not plan on these happening and was saving money planning to upgrade panel. since I used up all my accessory funds, please donate to me instead. Because this luck is not fair

$5,000 for a fuel pump, seriously?

While everyone is asking. I would like enough money to reach CFII, 6 years of college because I want to take it easy, and enough money to pay for living expenses. I am thinking $150,000 should be good.

I knew it would eventually happen, but I've officially become my father. Today's generation is not about to let a little dignity get in the way of what they want and what some feel they deserve.

I'll spare you the "When I was a boy, I walked 8 miles to school, both ways uphill" retort.

Back