Help! Lost my PPL and need to fly soon!

Kimberly, Why do you have a 1st class medical? Don

Because I had only seen a TV show (Flying Wild Alaska) and took a "fun" intro flight with a company that I never saw again (they went out of business). Then I googled stuff, realized I needed something called an "AME" whatever that was, and I went to his house (he's retired). He said do you want 1, 2, or 3? And I said, how much? He told me they all cost the same and that if I made it to the airlines (I was clueless that would cost a fortune) then I needed a number 1. So I thought, surely, 1 is better than 3, and that's what I did. Gosh I was so dumb.

DON'T get anything more than a class 3 next time unless you really think you are going to do the Commercial and then you only need a class 2. The more stuff they look at the higher chance of finding something that can cost a ton of money to get your ticket back or ground you altogether. Don

DON'T get anything more than a class 3 next time unless you really think you are going to do the Commercial and then you only need a class 2. The more stuff they look at the higher chance of finding something that can cost a ton of money to get your ticket back or ground you altogether. Don

Thanks, Don. I've heard this a few times before today. I will be sure to stick with a class 3 in 5 years.

sigh ... the joys of youth :D

Oh yeah I almost forgot:

So in five years, I'm getting one of those Class 3 medicals. After THAT ONE (but not quite five more years) when I turn 39.9 years old, I'm gonna go in early and get another five years! (Evil laughter). Then I won't need one until I'm almost 45. God, that is old huh.

Oh yeah I almost forgot:

So in five years, I'm getting one of those Class 3 medicals. After THAT ONE (but not quite five more years) when I turn 39.9 years old, I'm gonna go in early and get another five years! (Evil laughter). Then I won't need one until I'm almost 45. God, that is old huh.
:no: :cryin:

Oh yeah I almost forgot:

That is old. I'm only 18 plus 42 years of experience. Don

Whatever. I'm young and hot at age 43. I'm not even blonde, so y'all can suck it! (The hair that I have left is mostly salt and pepper.)

Whatever. I'm young and hot at age 43. I'm not even blonde, so y'all can suck it! (The hair that I have left is mostly salt and pepper.)

If you are so hot I say you should post a photo on hot or not - and send us a link to it - and we can all rate you from 1-10 anonymously.

(yes I know super old site but I checked my old email account the other day and apparently when you get old they never delete your mug shot)

Oh my gosh, that means you're like 52 plus 8 or something. The horror!

Yeah, but in all that experience I've gotten to fly and own a whole bunch of hot airplanes. I'm proud to say almost half of my time is in airplanes older than me. The N3N turns 71 next month and the 140 is 66. Don

If you are so hot I say you should post a photo on hot or not - and send us a link to it - and we can all rate you from 1-10 anonymously.

Problem is, I've got real sick curves, but they're in the wrong places! :(

Well then only take pictures of the not curvy stuff.

I'll just post one here of me. A moody shot, appropriate for what I do for a living. :idea:

edit: this is a better shot of me.

Attachments

• george-clooney.jpg
    george-clooney.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Get the temporary right now. Don't mess with your other one. You should never have more then one valid certificate in your possession at a time. Most likely one of those two certificates you had, had an older issue date, and was therefore invalid. I highly doubt you had two certificates with the same issue date.

The proper way to resolve this is to go on that website right now. Print the temporary. Order the replacement. If you find your other two throw them away.

I have a spare A&P cert. in my safe at home. Wallet was stolen, later turned up AFTER I ordered a replacement.

The spare is useless?

I have a spare A&P cert. in my safe at home. Wallet was stolen, later turned up AFTER I ordered a replacement.

The spare is useless?

Whichever certifate has the latest issue date is the valid one. You only have one calf certificate at a time. The older one with the wrong date is not valid.

Oh yeah I almost forgot:

:eek:))) I didn't start flying until I was 56. But my philosophy is, "Age is nothing but a state-of-mind." Now, if we'd get some snow I'd go skiing.

HR

Both had the same date. Now the FAA called me back and left a voicemail. I left them a voicemail back that I'd found it. My only wonder now is if someone on the street will find my other one and mail it back to me (or if I'll find it at my place or my BF's place).

OK, now we know what to do if we loose the Pilot Certificate. And, while it hasn't happened to me yet, what should I do if I loose my draft card that I have been saving since 1970?

Oh yeah I almost forgot:

What an original idea....:rolleyes:;)

Oh yeah I almost forgot:

I think this has come up before but I can't remember the answer so here goes. A Class 1 medical expired after 6 months. Does it revert to a class 2 then a class 3 or do you have to have the right one for the time period?

I think this has come up before but I can't remember the answer so here goes. A Class 1 medical expired after 6 months. Does it revert to a class 2 then a class 3 or do you have to have the right one for the time period?

You only have to get a new medical if you plan to do flying of a type that requires a class I medical. In other words, yes it reverts to the lower class of medical when the time comes.

I am kind of curious how it got to be at a Safeway in Windsor.

:confused: ;)

Greg,

Let me explain.

This all happened on a Saturday.

On weekends we (my boyfriend and I) walk our dogs to Starbucks (which is inside a Safeway), about 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back. The night before, at a dinner party, I had (stupidly) removed my pilot cert from safe keeping in my purse and stuck it in the back pocket of my jeans - after showing it to an interested person.... the BF's sister's new husband. Anyhow, also in my same back jeans pocket was some cash, my debit card, and my drivers license. So I had this folded wad of stuff. The next day, before our walk, I put all that "stuff" in my jacket so that I could buy coffee and not have to bring my purse. I needed the other stuff to buy a 6-pack for a pilot's hangar fridge who was giving me an airplane ride. The jacket has zip up pockets and I zipped them up, but must have left them unzipped at Safeway where I had to take everything out and make a payment. I guess it fell out at that point because later I could not find it and thought I'd lost it during the dog walk. If I had lost it on the street, and not at Safeway, I may have never gotten it back.

You give beer for airplane rides! If you come through Idaho let me know. The N3N might cost a sixpack of German beer, the Cub or RV anything except light beer. Don

You give beer for airplane rides! If you come through Idaho let me know. The N3N might cost a sixpack of German beer, the Cub or RV anything except light beer. Don

No, I tried to give avgas money etc but he refused (via text). Then I offered lunch but he refused. Then I offered to bring a 6-pack of beer for the hangar beer fridge, he finally gave in and accepted.

So normally I do more than just a six pack.

The night before, at a dinner party, I had (stupidly) removed my pilot cert from safe keeping in my purse and stuck it in the back pocket of my jeans.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Dang, I've never had the FAA track me down at a dinner party and ask for my cert...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Dang, I've never had the FAA track me down at a dinner party and ask for my cert...

Isn't one of the benefits of being a freshly minted pilot is to pull the cert out of the wallet, and show it to everyone? Kind of like pulling the sword out of the stone, and let it shine above the heads of unwashed masses? :rofl:

It wasn't the FAA. It was the BF's sister's new husband from Germany. He seemed very interested and asked lots of questions including wanting to see the card itself.

Back