Help identifying paint color

Lowe Approach

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Lowe Approach
Hi All.

This forum has been tremendously helpful and I so grateful for all the good folks who share their wealth of knowledge.

Here is another question that google isn't helping me with.

I have a Cessna 210B that was re painted in 1979. The paint is is good condition except for some nicks here and there. In my logbook the paint colors are listed as...
Matterhorn White #1004 Finch
Sable Brown #9048 Finch
Burned Orange #7455 IMRON

I would like to get some touchup paint in those colors (i know the fading wont likely match) but cant seem to find any reference online for the brown.
Aerotouchups.com shows a P6294-2KA Imron AF400 Matterhorn White 2K Aerosol that I think may work for the white. But the brown is my main concern.

Anyone have an educated guess about how to find or make a touch-up paint for that brown code?
I have to assume (wrongly perhaps) that the name is an automotive paint but I cant find anything for 1979 sable brown online. If its an automotive color it would make finding a touch-up pen much easier.

Also is Finch a brand?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG-2518.JPG
    IMG-2518.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 27
I would like to get some touchup paint in those colors (i know the fading wont likely match)
The method I used for older/faded paint touch up was to bring a sample of the color (inspection panel, etc) to a reputable paint supplier and get the color computer matched which in some case can match the fade as well. Knowing the paint brand and type is a plus but not needed in most cases. Also at some top level suppliers they can provide spray cans or touch up pens filled with your custom color(s).

If bringing a sample is problematic, some automotive paint shops may have a small portable digital colorimeter that will accurately analyze the color. Maybe if you ask nice....

I just did something similar with an engine mount frame, I borrowed a book of color swatches (a comprehensive one, not something with just the three primary colors, lol) and ID’d the color/tint/hue/gloss level etc.
Took that to a paint shop, they mixed and aerosol-canned it in 15 mins, $15.00.

Back