Help ID tool (actually, help with tool addiction)

What do you want to do, cut off catalytic convertors it seems? Or? lol
I also have the same sickness...way too many tools in my life. I have not found the cure yet.

Last edited:
I've often wondered why they didn't make something like this when they clearly use the same motor head for a bunch of different things.

That said, I'm currently thinking about buying a third cordless grinder so I don't have to change blades between the cutoff, grinding, and sanding wheels, so I'm not sure something like this is all that great. Motors cost basically nothing compared to the batteries.

And thanks for filling my facebook feed with the same ads....:D I haven't checked yet, but I'm certain that after clicking on that link I'll start seeing it.

What do you want to cut off catalytic convertors it seems? Or?
I also have the sickness...way too many tools in my life. I have not found the cure yet.
I can cure you. PM me and I’ll give you my address. Then send me all the money you have left after food, clothing and shelter.

My problem was I had all of these tools, then I got the hangar and it seemed that whenever I was at the hangar the tool I needed was at home and vice versa so, you can see where this is going. Now I've got practically two of everything and every time I buy a new tool well, shoot....

My problem was I had all of these tools, then I got the hangar and it seemed that whenever I was at the hangar the tool I needed was at home and vice versa so, you can see where this is going. Now I've got practically two of everything and every time I buy a new tool well, shoot....
Same here, but now when I need a tool they're either BOTH at the hangar (if I'm home), or BOTH at home (if I'm at the hangar), or one in each of those two places (if I'm somewhere else).

then I got the hangar and it seemed that whenever I was at the hangar the tool I needed was at home and vice versa so
Be thankful you didn't work out of 3 different hangars/locations. When I retired I didn't even know how many boxes/tools I had until I started to pick them up to take home. Made a few people happy as not all came home.

I can cure you. PM me and I’ll give you my address. Then send me all the money you have left after food, clothing and shelter.
I have too many tools I don't use anymore.
I am starting on the cure lately by having the shop next door do some auto/light truck work for me so I don't have to buy more tools for newer vehicles.

Exactly...

Be thankful you didn't work out of 3 different hangars/locations. When I retired I didn't even know how many boxes/tools I had until I started to pick them up to take home. Made a few people happy as not all came home.
This is how I hope to disperse some of my tools. Give some of them em to someone that will use and maybe learn from them.

I have had 3 sets for many years, at work, home and race car trailer/race shop. I traded the race shop tools for the hangar but some of the tools are not the same. So more tools for the plane.

I think I have 4 oscilloscopes, so in the general case I can't help you.

In this specific case? I think I can. Whatever that thing is, it's kinda low end, and very specific to the brand. The purpose isn't to be more economical, it's to lock you into buying all the accessories for that particular platform, because just doing it by battery type doesn't work well anymore. When the motor unit breaks, for whatever reason, everything else is useless, you'd want to buy 2 of that just to be sure, because like anything else the 'standard' won't last forever. So I'd pass.

If you're looking to buy something, I can confirm that both Bosch and Makita make pretty nice hammer drills. Unlike heroin, the first one is not free.

I'm still not seeing what a 18V OCTANE Brushless MEGAMax Power Base tool, which is mysteriously described as "(Tool Only)", can do for me.

No video in this thread or in the link I posted.
Think I'll youtube it, if only to lock in the internet marketers' opinion that I must really, really want one of these, lol.

And thanks for filling my facebook feed with the same ads....:D I haven't checked yet, but I'm certain that after clicking on that link I'll start seeing it.

? I manually stripped off the FB reference in the link before I posted it...unsuccessful?

Fer some folk, tools are tools. For others, tools are toys. He who dies with the most toys wins. So, fellow tool addicts, congratulations on your win. There is however, another alternative. He who dies with the coolest house wins. So you could sell all your tools/toys, use the proceeds to buy a cool house………….

Last edited:
I'm still not seeing what a 18V OCTANE Brushless MEGAMax Power Base tool, which is mysteriously described as "(Tool Only)", can do for me.

No video in this thread or in the link I posted.
Think I'll youtube it, if only to lock in the internet marketers' opinion that I must really, really want one of these, lol.
It's just the motor for whatever tool (drill, recip saw, hammer drill, etc.) you attach to it.

Maybe this will help.

? I manually stripped off the FB reference in the link before I posted it...unsuccessful?
Apparently whatever you did worked; no ads for this gizmo. Still getting ads for the wood chipper I looked at a couple days ago.

If you go to the HD website, the only attachment that seems to be available is the reciprocating saw. Think this might be an orphan tool.

I had too many tools before I inherited all my father's and grandfather's too many tools.

Then there's always that ONE tool. Years ago I bought an old Champ that had been tied down for a couple of years just outside Palm Springs at Bermuda Dunes. Plan was to drive down there, get it checked out and bring it home. So me and my brother started loading the truck up with tools. Soon I had pretty much transferred every tool I had from the garage into the truck, aside from hedge clippers and such (although I thought about it) and we set off late that night. We pulled up in front of the Champ at the crack of dawn, I jumped out and took a look and said "okay, let's get some air in those tires"

Yea, no air chuck. I could almost see it hanging on the pegboard in the garage 600 miles away. All by itself.

Back