Hello, from the new guy!

AirVenture

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AirVenture
Just wanted to say hello with an introductory post! I've met a few of you guys already in the chatrooms.

My name is Brett (or Brent is close enough :smilewinkgrin:) I currently reside in the Dallas Fort Worth area, but like to call Wisconsin home. In fact I'm back in WI for the holidays. I grew up here and went to school at the University of Dubuque in Dubuque, IA for an aviation and business major.

Currently I'm a CFII for a small FBO out of Grand Prairie, TX (KGPM). I'm working on my MEI, which hopefully will come early next year. I also have a really cool internship at CAE SimuFlite in Dallas. I get to act as captain or co-pilot for people who don't have a training partner for Beechjet training. The training is all done in full motion level-d simulators. From doing that I've gotten my PIC type in the Beechjet, and am working towards a second type!

If your bored, you can check out and follow my adventures on my photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/airventure/

Well, that's me! I belong to many of the other aviation forums (I don't know how I missed this one) and have recognized a few people already. I'm looking forward to meeting all you new people!

Merry Christmas!
-Brett

Last edited:
Welcome from Grantsburg, WI. I bet you wish you were back in TX right now.

Dan

greetings. always nice to have another CFI on board. do you know Kate Bernard (skyflyer8)? she is also a UD Alum.

Welcome and greetings from Waukesha, WI.

(I'm cancelling my IR training flight tonight, as I would like to avoid preflight frostbite.)

Waukesha County Airport
Lat: 43.01 Lon: -88.2 Elev: 932
Last Update on Dec 22, 10:45 am CST

Clear

-0°F
(-18°C)Humidity:71 %Wind Speed:W 15 MPHBarometer:30.37"Dewpoint:-8°F (-22°C)Wind Chill:-19°F (-28°C)Visibility:10.00 mi

Just wanted to say hello with an introductory post! I've met a few of you guys already in the chatrooms.

My name is Brett (or Brent is close enough :smilewinkgrin:) I currently reside in the Dallas Fort Worth area, but like to call Wisconsin home. In fact I'm back in WI for the holidays. I grew up here and went to school at the University of Dubuque in Dubuque, IA for an aviation and business major.

Hello, Brett. We'll just call you, "Brett," how's that?

Currently I'm a CFII for a small FBO out of Grand Prairie, TX (KGPM). I'm working on my MEI, which hopefully will come early next year. I also have a really cool internship at CAE SimuFlite in Dallas. I get to act as captain or co-pilot for people who don't have a training partner for Beechjet training. The training is all done in full motion level-d simulators. From doing that I've gotten my PIC type in the Beechjet, and am working towards a second type!

So, you're the guy to call for great deals at SimuFlite?

There are quite a few PoA-ers here in the Metroplex, and some of us get together from time to time, so I'll look forward to meeting you soon. Also, note that you are in easy flight-time reach of eth Gaston's White River Resort, home of the best fly-in experience in the KNown Universe, the annual Gastpn's Fly-In (www.gastonsflyin.com); see, also, the Gaston's Fly-In sub-forum here. http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

If your bored, you can check out and follow my adventures on my photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/airventure/

Well, that's me! I belong to many of the other aviation forums (I don't know how I missed this one) and have recognized a few people already. I'm looking forward to meeting all you new people!

You sometimes have to snoop around, ride with training wheels, so to speak, before you upgrade to the very best in Internet Pilot Talk... and that'd be Pilots of America, your Front Porch of Aviation.

Merry Christmas!
-Brett

And to you!

Hey thanks for the responses!

I'm not sure how much pull I have as an intern at CAE, but I might be able to knock a buck off your next type rating ;-)

I think I may have run into Kate either on another forum or in real life. The name sounds awfully familiar!

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!
-Brett :)

:idea:

I think the TX contigent needs to plan a south-mid-central west fly-in around Halloween....

Trick or Treat at Simuflite :rolleyes:

:idea:

I think the TX contigent needs to plan a south-mid-central west fly-in around Halloween....

Trick or Treat at Simuflite :rolleyes:

Steve, I don't want to sound like I am kissing-up, but that is a BRILLIANT idea.

You're in charge!

I also have a really cool internship at CAE SimuFlite in Dallas. I get to act as captain or co-pilot for people who don't have a training partner for Beechjet training. The training is all done in full motion level-d simulators. From doing that I've gotten my PIC type in the Beechjet, and am working towards a second type!

As a currently aviation college student, I must say that is the ultimate internship I've seen out there. I would desperately love to live in a situation to encounter that situation. However, I've got to get all the ratings done before I can consider doing an internship. Heck, I've only got what I estimate 17 months to get my IA/COMM SE/COMM ME/CFI and CFII done. And, I think I'm going to need to pick up a glider ratings, just to finish out enough credits to graduate. Plus, I've got to take 18 hours a semester for the next three semesters.

Nice to see you here. I guess I need to try to post more often. I lurk a lot, but don't post hardly at all

Welcome aboard, Brett. You will find some of the most friendly and personable flying folks here.

Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!

All right, all right, enough with the nice-nice. Brett, you better have brought plenty of beer and munchies, new guys always buy. :yes:

Welcome.

As a currently aviation college student, I must say that is the ultimate internship I've seen out there. I would desperately love to live in a situation to encounter that situation. However, I've got to get all the ratings done before I can consider doing an internship. Heck, I've only got what I estimate 17 months to get my IA/COMM SE/COMM ME/CFI and CFII done. And, I think I'm going to need to pick up a glider ratings, just to finish out enough credits to graduate. Plus, I've got to take 18 hours a semester for the next three semesters.

Hey, good luck with the ratings. Where are you going to college at?

All right, all right, enough with the nice-nice. Brett, you better have brought plenty of beer and munchies, new guys always buy. :yes:

You guys did see that I'm a CFI right? Would you like to see my last paycheck? :rofl:

-Brett :smile:

Hi Brett,
I fly into your Texas area from time to time out of Atlanta. Usually go into Arlington (trying not to land at KGPM by mistake :p). Too bad you're not around 'cause I'll be there this week. As others have pointed out above the Metroplex get togethers are most enjoyable.

Hi Brett,
I fly into your Texas area from time to time out of Atlanta. Usually go into Arlington (trying not to land at KGPM by mistake :p). Too bad you're not around 'cause I'll be there this week. As others have pointed out above the Metroplex get togethers are most enjoyable.

Yah, except when you cleverly arrange to come to town when I am not there...

...hey, here's an idea:

Day trip to Fredericksburg or Llano, lunch. You have my cell number... I'll buy!

Yah, except when you cleverly arrange to come to town when I am not there...

...hey, here's an idea:

Day trip to Fredericksburg or Llano, lunch. You have my cell number... I'll buy!
[Imagine Smiley Icon Watering at the Mouth]

:)

Hi Brett,

At least once a week I hear GPM tower say, "Umm, King Air you're not in sight, you're probably at Arlington. You're looking for a very small runway on the east side of the highway." :D

Hey, good luck with the ratings. Where are you going to college at?

Sadly, I go to that one aviation college in Florida. Didn't start there, but got this "brilliant" idea that it would be better for me. Once I get my instrument done, I'm done flying there, just going to do it at the FBO back home. However, I do enjoy the academic side of the school.

At least once a week I hear GPM tower say, "Umm, King Air you're not in sight, you're probably at Arlington. You're looking for a very small runway on the east side of the highway." :D
Those look like they would be a lot easier to mix up than ARB and YIP (and I ain't say'n nut'n more about it).

Back