Hello from Kitsap

Tim Nichols

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TimN
Hi all! I've been lurking about here for a long time and thought I would introduce myself. I am a long-time pilot (27 years now) who took a very long break while my kids were young and recently came back to flying. I'm fairly low hours, but have my ASES, Instrument, and commercial. Current and proficient in all but the ASES (I wish).

I own a share of a 182 that I fly out of KPWT in Bremerton, WA. I'm also on the hunt for something similar, but that is configured more for backcountry flying. Maybe a Maule or similar, or another 182 on big wheels and beefier nose fork. Still need my tw endorsement if I go that route. Just leased a hangar at 8W5/Apex for whatever that ends up being. The dream would be to get back on floats, but that's a ways down the road between the cost and the lack of somewhere to keep one near me.

Hi neighbor!

I'm just up the road a ways (and a ferry ride, unless you drive around). Let me know if you're heading up to Arlington or Skagit. I have an airplane and hangar at Arlington. And, also fly out of Skagit regularly.

Welcome to POA. There are a few of us who are based in the great Pacific Northwe(s)t. KOLM for me.

Hi all! I've been lurking about here for a long time and thought I would introduce myself. I am a long-time pilot (27 years now) who took a very long break while my kids were young and recently came back to flying. I'm fairly low hours, but have my ASES, Instrument, and commercial. Current and proficient in all but the ASES (I wish).

I own a share of a 182 that I fly out of KPWT in Bremerton, WA. I'm also on the hunt for something similar, but that is configured more for backcountry flying. Maybe a Maule or similar, or another 182 on big wheels and beefier nose fork. Still need my tw endorsement if I go that route. Just leased a hangar at 8W5/Apex for whatever that ends up being. The dream would be to get back on floats, but that's a ways down the road between the cost and the lack of somewhere to keep one near me.
Welcome back to the sky. I to had a break about as long as yours. Kids, mortgage, etc.

I too was missing in action for a number of years, but got the kids through college and it was time to spend money on myself again. I bought a Maule and I've been extremely happy with it. Purchase price was less than a C-180/185, and I really like the cavernous baggage barn doors on the side of the plane. Here are 2 videos of my plane in action. The first showcases the big baggage opening for bicycles etc, the second video is my flight to Oshkosh this year. I mixed backcountry and paved city airports along my way. I'm up in Port Townsend, along with 4 other Maule drivers. Look for us when you're up this way.

Back