Hello Everyone

Alec Stelloh

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Alec
Hello Everyone Im new here and just want to introduce myself. Im a Student Pilot from southeastern Wisconsin. I've been flying for about three years with pilot friends but just now started my lessons. So far everything is great and I can't wait to solo and take my checkride. I already taken my written exam and passed it. I was involved in both semesters of last years EAA Aeroscholars. I have a flight blog here http://astelloh.blogspot.com/ that I update after every flight. Thanks.

Alec Stelloh

Welcome! Lots of great people here with tremendous knowledge.

Welcome Alec. Ask questions and you will get answsers. Lots of answers and most probably will conflict with the others. But hey thats how ya learn. Hope you enjoy it here.

Greetings, Alec! There are several PoA members in Wisconsin. I fly out of Waukesha (KUES), which would be a great destination from your home airport, once your instructor signs you off for those short <25nm trips.

You've got a nice, narrow runway to fly out of. That should serve you well as you progress.

Good luck!

Stan

Hello Everyone Im new here and just want to introduce myself. Im a Student Pilot from southeastern Wisconsin. I've been flying for about three years with pilot friends but just now started my lessons. So far everything is great and I can't wait to solo and take my checkride. I already taken my written exam and passed it. I was involved in both semesters of last years EAA Aeroscholars. I have a flight blog here http://astelloh.blogspot.com/ that I update after every flight. Thanks. Alec Stelloh

Alec!!

Hey welcome aboard! There is a ton of knowledge here on POA and always good stuff to read and absorb.

Alec fails to mention that some of that flying was in twins and he fell in love....good to see him following his dream. By the way I added your blog to my favorite links.

Keep at it, have fun and keep us posted.

Ah yea its a narrow runway. Thats actually one of the things that worried me when starting flight lessons there. But we actually used the grass too. Also they Skydive almost 24/7 outta C89. KUES is where I took my written and I've actually flown there once I belive it was on one of those Discovery Flights in a 152.

Last edited:
Welcome, Alec!

Come on down to Pilot Pete's in Schaumburg, IL (at 06C) Tuesday evening 7:30, where we're having a get-together of some of the pilots from the SE WI, NE IL, and NW IN area (and anyone else who wants to join us)!

Isn't there a quota on Cheeseheads?:lol:

Welcome, Alec!

Come on down to Pilot Pete's in Schaumburg, IL (at 06C) Tuesday evening 7:30, where we're having a get-together of some of the pilots from the SE WI, NE IL, and NW IN area (and anyone else who wants to join us)!

Don't forget TX too! Alec, welcome to the board. I'll be heading to Pilot Pete's from Pleasant Prairie, WI on Tuesday if you want a ride.

Hey Alec - welcome aboard!
Looking forward to hearing about your flying adventures; and, hope to meet you one day at a fly-in.

Isn't there a quota on Cheeseheads?:lol:

Yeah, there has to be enough of us that the gosh-darn FIBs don't think they rule the place! :D :yes:

Alec, welcome aboard! Let me know if you head to KMSN for one of your cross countries - Hopefully I'll be in town - and we'll do lunch at the Jet Room. :) Don't let the magenta circles scare ya, our controllers are the best and there's a ton of student training that goes on here.

Yea im sure ill go to KMSN soon after my checkride. Also If I were to go there would I have to pay any ramp fees. I've always wondered about ramp fees and really dont get them

Yea im sure ill go to KMSN soon after my checkride. Also If I were to go there would I have to pay any ramp fees. I've always wondered about ramp fees and really dont get them
No ramp fees at KMSN, at least not for something like a Skyhawk. (A Citation might ba another matter; I don't know.)

and a hello and welcome from Georgia as well. BTW, you want a Mooney. Trust me, you want a Mooney :D

My flight instructor owns a mooney. He says its great. Only if I could find some money. Mooney...Money???...???

That should be your first indication that you might want to get a second opinion.

My flight instructor owns a mooney. He says its great. Only if I could find some money. Mooney...Money???...???

FWIW, Mooney was conspicuous at AirVenture this year.

By their ABSENCE! :(

No ramp fees at KMSN, at least not for something like a Skyhawk. (A Citation might ba another matter; I don't know.)

The sign at the entrance to the FBO from the ramp says:

"No Ramp Fees - We prefer to earn your business."

And there are no ramp fees, for any of the myriad of aircraft that show up - I've seen everything from J-3's and 150's up to A-10's and Harriers, to a C-130 with skis, all the way up to a 767 on their ramp. It's a great place to hang out if you like airplanes. :yes:

Welcome, Alec!

Hmm. If I can get Sharon to let me leave early, I might be able to show up.

Back